Chapter 1 The Meeting Pub

I stood outside of a pub with my short jet black hair and a cigarette in my hand.
"You should talk to him about it you know" said my best friend Missy. She was referring to my boyfriend, Jason and our current situation, which involved me being a "whiny little bitch" by his words and him being "not very respectful to me" as Missy liked to say every time we had an argument.

"Yeah, I think that will just fuck things up" I stated as I took another puff out of my cigar and blew the smoke out as I looked on the night sky. It was so mesmerizing.

Anyway, we already had planed this night out before this argument happened and as neither one of us didn't want to disappoint anybody, we just quietly got ready to head out. The ride to the bar wasn't that great either. It was like it lasted 2 hours and not 2 minutes, which was the real time.

Jason was always the one that didn't like to talk about what bothered him, or what he felt. And I was the one that was in constant stress about what he was feeling, or if he wasn't mad at me. Most importantly though, I needed to talk about the problems that were happening and not just ignore them. Even though talking about problems made me insanely uncomfortable, it was needed.

Now we went back to the bar and there were Jason, Mel, Gibson and Sona at our booth. I was luckily sitting opposite of Jason with Sona and Missy by my side. They were such sweet creatures and they were so creative too. Sona is a fashion designer and Missy is a professional painter. I wish I was as creative as them. I myself was a therapist. I know, not a very good job considering everyone warned me that life of a therapist is always miserable, but I didn't listen and here we are.

Gibson and Mel had to leave early. These boys are the best couple I know for sure. They are always so nice to each other and make these little love messages that only they can understand. But them leaving meant less people at the table which meant less pointless conversations. Now it's more than possible that I will talk with Jason.

At the booth was now me, Jason, Missy and Sona. Sona and Missy kept the conversation going with me of course because over the years, I learnt to act like nothing was actually wrong. I just imagined it as a role that I could play and not something that I must do for others. It actually was quite a stress reliever but it was exhausting at the same time.

As we were sitting there, and as we could literally cut the tension between us, four guys came through the door. They were quite eye catching if I say so myself. There were three with dark chestnut colored hair, and one with a dirty blond look.

They all looked really confident except for one that looked kinda shy but very cute. I think he would be the nicest. But I never judge people based on their appearance, because I know a lot of people that are actual sweethearts but have a rock solid bitch face.

As I was drowning in my thoughts again, Missy surprised me by standing up and yelling "Jameh!!" with a thick English accent. Since I was the only one from the group with an accent I just thought 'what the hell was going on?' One of the guys suddenly turned their head to us. It was the dirty blond one.

"Oh my god, Missy! What are you doing at this shit hole at this time of the day?" he said with an English accent that I think couldn't be very far from London, as both of them went to greet each other.

They talked for a minute, they laughed for a bit and I saw Missy articulate to come to our booth. Oh shit, how am I supposed to concentrate on my act, when there are new people coming. But maybe it could help me think about something else?

~

The five of them, including Missy, came to our table. "So boys, this is Leilani, Sona and Jason, friends, these are Matt, Jamie, Nick and Alex" the last one, Alex, he looked really confident. You could see just by the way he was standing, or how he was holding his beer. Or how he was entering the room.

But no no no wait, he was probably an extroverted introvert, because he was playing with his other hand, and he was always making sure that his suit was on point. And yes, he was wearing a suit, but with exposed chest and a chain. His hair was gelled back which created a perfect hairstyle for his diamond face.

And than I realized I was probably staring cause I felt a kick underneath the booth and immediately looked at Jason who gave me a look, that could kill me in a second if I actually cared at that moment.

I also knew that as soon as we would come home I would break down in tears because I could actually feel them right now. But I'm not weak, so I just shut them up.

Instead I swallowed the lumps in my throat that just magically appeared as Jasons stare burned through my eyes. I tried to ignore it at that moment I had a four new people in-font of me after all. It was time to hang it all out and drink. That was the only solution that came to my mind at the time.

As the clock showed three zeros, the conversation started to feel actually a little bit more comfortable but my vision was blurred by my 'I'm feeling terrible right now' goggles. I was staring at Alex every once in a while, unintentionally of course cause I have a boyfriend, but as I was doing that I caught him stare too.

It was so intense, I shouldn't say this but I kinda liked it. When I first got to talk, all four guys were looking at me all surprised, but only Nick asked me following questions about where I was from or such. I got to know that Nick was the one I thought was the sweetest, and he was such a joy to talk to. I wasn't wrong about that.

Alex was unsurprisingly a center of attention, just not by his choice. Missy and Sona were practically fighting over his attention. But I saw Missy looking at Nick a lot and Sona seemed to find liking in Matt. Alex was just that kind of man that you notice on your first glance.

Even though they looked like they liked Matt and Nick Alex was clearly the most attractive so everything I heard was Alex this and Alex that. I mean he was really handsome obviously, but I just hate when girls fight over guys attention. Boys don't deserve shit and I stand by this statement. I don't know how long I can take it anymore even though I know girls didn't want to get on my nerves.

I've set up this act that is suddenly getting harder to follow.

Jason was looking at me so intensely, it just burned right through my skin. I hated every part of his fucking stare and it was getting impossible to just ignore it and have a good chat with the new blokes that I've just met.

"I'm going for a smoke" I said and sent a quick smile to everyone and hurried out of the booth and outside. I was standing at my usual spot by the bar, we visited it quite often. As I stood there in my high heels, tight red dress and fishnets, I realized that I've seen those guys before.

Maybe in TV? Maybe in England when I was still there? I don't really know. I wonder where in England are they from though.

Than my thoughts got interrupted by a familiar one.
"Hello baby"
"Oh, hi" I said in return. Oh god how I wasn't in a mood for him right now.

"So do you wanna talk?" I can't express enough how much I didn't want to but I knew this was the only way.
"Yeah, okay."