Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Selltresse and Vandkin were sat at their dining table. They had a rather extensive meal laid out in front of them. There was everything that they could ever ask for. They were ignorant to the woes of the world in that moment. Addafor and Laidra often accompanied them at these moments, though they hadn't done so for about a week now.

"What exactly has your friend been doing?" Vandkin asked his wife as he placed another grape delicately into his mouth. It was rather dramatic and extravagant. It was similar to something you would see in a television show about a roman emperor. "I haven't seen them much as of late."

"I assume that she has been busy." Selltresse picked apart some of her food, she was rather picky when it came to what she ate. Even though it made very little difference to most people's taste buds. She had to have the perfect part of everything. "I do hope that she has grown up. She should not be that sensitive."

"Understandable and totally agreed my dear." Vandkin reached over to grab something else before taking a sip of his red wine. "She was extremely childish the last we spoke." It wasn't the last time that they had spoken, in fact they had spoken many times since then. Vandkin didn't care to remember. "She should remember who she is working for."

"yes , you would think working for the royals would teach her to get her priorities straight." Selltresse threw down the food which was in her hand before leaning back and folding her arms, looking like a child who was just told to eat their vegetables or else they got no dessert. "She's been focused so much on their children recently. She's became soft"

"My love you're not suggesting-" Vandkin paused in the middle of the question, he didn't want to continue. To him, it sounded as though his wife was planning something which her friend will never forgive her for.

"Of course not!" Selltresse exclaimed rather loudly, she placed a hand to her heart. "What kind of person do you think I am?" She was extremely dramatic, it was difficult to tell if she was being serious or not. "That is a good idea however...no...that is a wonderful idea" she stood up and started to pace. "If her children were out of the picture then...they would have no choice but to focus on their work"

"Then what do you suggest we do?" Vandkin stood up to join his wife. He came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, his head resting on her shoulder. "Money and power are no object here..." He said softly which caused her to giggle like a typical school girl.

She spun around in his arms so that she was staring at him with big, wide eyes. "They liked the boy from the human dimension so incredibly much...perhaps they would like to live there...permanently" Her tone was sweet. It was as though she was planning a simple holiday for the children. She seemed to not have a care in the world about her friends feelings, or the childrens' feelings for that matter. "It should not be too difficult...after all we can create anything"

The two of them shared a laugh before their lips connected in a rather short kiss. They then returned to their food. They acted as though nothing happened. It was a simple business plan in order to help the kingdom stay organised and well. Little did they know that their conversation wasn't as private as they thought.

On the other side of the door stood a fuming Laidra, how dare they? Her friends were plotting to send her children away. She knew that she couldn't' storm in there and interrupt the conversation, no matter how much she wanted to. The best thing for them all would be if she went to her children and sorted something out. She had to warn them, she had to tell them to go and hide before the royals got to them.

As she was on her way to the library she walked into her husband. He let out a "Woah-" as he was grabbed by the shirt and pulled after her. She didn't slow down as she walked through the hallways and stormed into the library, causing all the children to freeze and look at her like a deer in headlights." Dear, what's wrong"

"You have to leave. Our children have to leave. That's what's wrong!" Laidra paced the library floor with her hands sometimes going towards her hair and pulling at it slightly. If they weren't doing that then they were balled into rather tight fists. "I just heard the royals." She spun around to face her audience. "They were complaining about how we've been too focused on our children. They planned to force them to the other dimension."

None of them could say that they were surprised. Most of them knew that the royals were cruel enough dto do something like that, the others had heard the tales of how the royals treated people from those who had expected nothing more. "Well that's obviously not going to happen." Vansilla stood up from her seat and crossed her arms.

"It also makes this job significantly more troublesome." Addamak leaned forward and placed his elbows on his knees. "They'll be searching for you two anywhere." His eyes were on Landso and Acheron. Both of them felt a little betrayed, they were supposed to be the advisors, they'd spent their lives training to do so, only to have the royals cast them out.

"So what's happening?" Laylian also stood up but she stood in between her brothers, placing a hand on their arms. She knew that she wouldn't go down without a fight if it meant her brothers being happy.

"The royals will have no choice but to stand down very very soon." Laidra said almost gravely, her tone was almost dark. It was filled with anger and fury. "It's nearly time for their reign to end...then they will hold no power."Laidra had assumed that was what caused them to be cruel, she had always been a little blind to the harsh reality of her friend's actions. "Though for now...you have to hide"