Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Sylvester couldn't see what was happening around him. He could only focus on one thing. Well two things if you count the pain which raced through his hand and up his arm. He could hear conversation, he tried his best to understand what was happening and who was there but he was too focused on his friends which were in his hands.

Within the device Tyrell was trying and failing to hold back tears. He could see the blood which soaked Sylvester's shirt and hand. He saw what happened as the acidic waters nearly reached them. He wouldn't want to relive that moment at any cost, He felt like he was hurling towards a pit of lava when the device was thrown. He didn't understand how they weren't jostled about within the device as it was carried, he was very grateful for that.

Laylian was in a similar state as Tyrell, except she didn't bother to try and hold back her tears and horror. Her oldest friend had injured himself , he was practically alone once again and she couldn't' help him. She was proud of him, he was showing bravery and intelligence. He could think clearly in his state of panic, he managed to get them back, even if they were still in the device.

Vansila, Acheron and Landso were waiting. They didn't know how to feel or what to do. They wanted to get out but they also knew the evil was out there. They could help fight it but they were scared. They didn't know if the others had a plan and they weren't in the position to make one themselves.

Devin and Eden were terrified, this was the most unusual situation that they had been in. They were confused and powerless as they watched what was happening all around them. They didn't understand how the trees could move or why they would want to help the group. They didn't have the best understanding of the fae's powers. They were almost petrified, until they heard it.

"Yes Nero." It was their grandmother, Dawn was talking to the most evil dark fae in history. "No hard feelings." She had a very sour and sarcastic tone, it made Sylvester smile slightly. He was happy to know that she was alright, so was everyone inside the device, no matter how little they knew about her. The warm glow which seemed to appear when her voice rang out was enough to show she was a good woman. "However, I do not believe we are the ones who had the worst fo it."

"Have hope." The tree seemed to speak, Sylvester was the only one who would be able to hear it, It was a low and deep voice and it vibrated all through him. "Give me your hope." It repeated. Sylvester was oddly reminded of the riddles on the wall, he felt as though the walls were talking to him again. He didn't know if the tree wanted to take his hope or if it wanted him to feel hope.

Either way he could feel the amount of hope in his chest growing. He noticed a faint purple glowing, it was coming from his injured hand. He lifted his hand up to inspect it, it was like there was a bright purple glow flowing through him. As though his skin had been replaced by a bright light. A matching light started to come from the device in his other hand.

He wasn't sure what was happening or how he knew that he should swap hands, he placed the device in his injured hand. The light consumed it whole.In a quick motion the tree opened back up and Sylvester fell out of it, somehow he rolled and landed on one knee. The glow from his hands still consumed the device. He didn't know how he knew to let it go.

As soon as it hit the floor the light grew more and more intense. Nero had to look away as it hurt their eyes, Dawn also had to avert her eyes. The fae were watching but they weren't watching the device, they were looking at Sylvester. This boy who was quite clearly a dark fae, was able to watch the light with so much hope, he didn't even flinch as it grew brighter. It wasn't something a lot of dark fae could do.

After a few moments the light disappeared. Sylvester was kneeling in front of Tyrell. The rest of the group stood behind him, The cousins were huddled close together and the fae were looking around confused. Kelso and Laylian were stood watching the scene in front of them.

"Now..." Tyrell muttered slightly as he looked into Sylvester's eyes. "Bit too early to be on one knee in front of me, Silver fox." Tyrell gave a laugh at the shock which was on Sylvester's face. It didn't last long as Tyrell was suddenly picked up and was in Sylvester's arms. Tyrell's breath was taken from his lungs as he chuckled and wrapped his own arms around Sylvester's neck. "I missed you too." Tyrell whispered to Sylvester, hey were in their own little world for a while.

"Grams!" The cousins shouted in unison as they sprinted towards their grandmother. They avoided Nero like they were the plague and gave their grandmother a hug, not letting go of her as they grabbed her hand. They knew they weren't separating from her anytime soon.

"Oh yes why don't we invite everyone father?" Nero's words were sarcastic and full of hatred.Their words were thrown back in their face as another light entered the room , four figures stood on the other side of the waterfall. It was Laidra, Selltresse, Addafor and Vandkin

"Oh thanks a lot!" Vansilla shouted towards Nero as she almost copied their death stare. She crossed her arms and pouted, She was between Landso and Acheron, if she hadn't spoke she probably would have gone unnoticed.

"mother , father!" Laylian said happily before she looked down at their feet. "Don't touch the water!" The two adults nodded and waved to their children with slight smiles on their faces. They recognised those before them. They were nervous around Nero and the other dark fae, yet they wouldn't let that take over their rational thought. Unlike Selltresse and Vandkin.

"Where on earth are we?" Vandkin exclaimed as he tried to look around, it was a beautiful place, he had to admit that, but this was not familiar to him . This was something he did not like. He did not have control here. "And who are you?" His question was directed to the majority of people in the room.

"Hello Demitria!" Addafor waved to the familiar fae. She gave a smile and waved back enthusiastically. Kelso groaned, she was starting to agree with Nero. She shared a look with her twin. This was an extremely dangerous situation and yet the adults were acting as though it was a simple family reunion.

"Seriously?" The anger and darkness which radiated off Nero came off them in waves, literally shadow were rippling away from them like a wifi signal. "If we're having a famil reunio it's only fair that you show yourself." They were still talking to thin air, it looked incredibly odd and disturbing. That was before someone came forward from the shadows.

"If i'm honest." An old man's voice whispered. "I'm surprised you didn't make me come out sooner."