Chapter 39

Chapter 39

It had been around a month since the confrontation in the place.The royals of the fae dimension were not pleased with the arrangements. Apparently it had long been decided that the two had overstayed their roles of power. It was also decided that Vansilla was not old enough to take over the throne. She wanted to spend some time getting to know the fae dimension and the other areas of the world before she got to rule over them, if she decided it was what she wanted to do.

The queen's advisors had taken up the role temporarily, it would work as a time to personally tutor their children as well as get to know them better. The kingdom would be made peaceful and fair once again. The rule on ageing was quickly abolished due to the personal experience the fae had with it. It caused a little uproar in some towns but it was handled rather quickly.

Demitria returned to her small cottage with Addamak. They had decided to move in together once again after their reunion. They wanted to catch up with one another and see how the other lived their daily lives. Addamak was still a taxi driver and he still looked out for the guardians every now and again.

He wasn't alone in this, Dawn, Devin and Eden were constantly around the house. They were still filled with excitement which came from a stress-free life. They were bright and taking full advantage of each moment they had together. Eden continued to paint the sights which she had seen when they took one of their many visits to the fae dimension.

That was something which had increased a lot, the humans would be coming back and forth to the fae dimension as they pleased. The fae were able to make something like the device which Nero used in order to trap the group, instead inside of it held a small portal to the fae dimension. It was extremely useful and saved a lot of fae's energy. It was a sort of thank you present for finally putting things right and trying to save the fae from the darkness which was Nero.

Nero wasn't having a very good time. Their father was one hundred per cent correct when he said that they would've preferred death over their fate. Their fate being nothing. Nero walked endlessly in a field of nothingness. It was plain white nothingness. They had lost their shadows, their hair was limp and light, their eyes a very pale lavender colour. They had no power there nor did they have any control over anyone. Those who had been previously ensnared or on Nero's side also had a rather bland fate.

Actually, it wasn't bad for everyone. Erin and Brandon were enjoying their new,human lives.It felt odd to have no power. It felt odd to have the lack of control and sense of being superior to others. Neither of them minded very much considering they could think of a million things which could've been much worse. Brandon felt slightly sorry for Nero at first but that vanished rather quickly, as more and more memories swarmed his head of all the horrible things Nero had done to him and everyone they came into contact with. Lily and John had become more confident and they were now valued members of the friendship group. Bryan was a little confused about everything but he shrugged it off slightly, welcoming the change.

Things weren't back to normal. They definitely were not the same as they were before. Things were better. There was more light in the sky and freedom in the air. Even those who didn't know about the presence of the fae int he human dimension felt it. They felt like they could breathe easier and their worries would be carried away. Luck seemed to fall upon humanity at the fall of Nero.

The place no longer existed as a wonderful land where animals and nature lived in harmony. It was a place where the portal to the fae dimension stood tall and proud. Animals came in and out of their own free will, only rejected if Neireith thought that it was best for them to stay in the other dimension. The group were sad that they wouldn't have their safe space anymore, but they had the cafe they could go to and they could always go camping again. When Tyrell suggested that he got a rather hard hit up the head from his twin.

Neireith had used up a lot of power and energy, his form soon faded back to a presence in the place. He decided who could enter and who could leave just as he did many months ago when Laylian and Sylvester first came through their first portal.

That morning, Hazel had been discharged from the hospital with no recollection of what happened. She was promised answers and explanations as soon as she got some rest and was back to full health. Tyrell and Kelso hardly left her side. They had been spending time with Oscar and Lorraine. The relationship between the parents and the children was still incredibly strained. They would utter no more then the necessary words to each other. That was a start.

The twins found themselves returning to school the week after that, the fae also decided to complete their normal education. Laylian and Sylvester were eager to continue learning about the human dimension and the history behind it all. Kelso and Tyrell found themselves focusing harder so that they could explain things to their fae friends if there was any miscommunication.

None of them knew what was going to happen next, they just knew that the danger was far away from them. They were safe and they were happy. They were together and in love, that's all that mattered to them. Of course their lives were extremely interesting, there was a lot to learn about the dimensions, there was a lot to learn about each other. Each smile, laugh and tear told a story.

A story which continues on the next page.