Chapter 3

Marinette POV

I looked over to the pile of dirty laundry that would never get clean, and started to move it around. Then I saw a carving in the wall. I remember. Jason came home with a light pink, almost white, pocket knife. I was about six or seven.

Flashback-

"Pixie-pop, guess what I found! I stole it for ya!" Marinette ran over to her brother who came home after stealing some food that will last a few days. "Listen, pixie. Be. Careful. It's sharp," he said as he handed her her first pocket knife Jason got her. She smiled up at her brother.

"Jay-jay, come over here!" She said. She went over to the corner of the room and carved, "Pixie-pop," in the wood. "You get to do 'Jay-jay'," she giggled. He went beside her and wrote sloppily what she told him to. Marinette clapped her hands happily and took the knife back, then she wrote a small plus in between the names.

Flashback Ended-

"Mari-bug, whatcha doin'?" Chloe asked me. I quickly wiped my tears that managed to spill and looked at her.

"Look," I said as I pointed at the carving. "I wonder where that knife is...hold on." I walked over to the small compartment in the wall and took the box out. There was a bunch of dust on it, but I wiped it off. I opened it, and sure enough, it was in there. I grabbed the box and took the knife out. "Chloe," I said, "this is the first knife Jason got me," I said smiling. "Come over here," I said as I walked over to the other side of the room again. I pointed at the carving again.

She knelt down, "He called you...pixie-pop?" She asked. I nodded my head.

"I called him Jay-jay. Don't judge, I was nine. I was five or six when we carved that," I said.

"I'm not gonna judge you...is there anywhere else you want to take me?" She asked. I nodded and walked towards the door. I gestured for her to follow. She did and I gave her a tour of all of my favorite places in Gotham.

"Watch this, Chloe," I said as I pick-pocketed a stranger.

She gasped, "Give that back to him!" She whisper-yelled.

I ran him down, "Hey sir, you dropped this-" I said as I was about to hand his wallet back, I saw his face. I scowled and attacked.

Chloe's POV

I was about to look back to Marinette, trying to not seem suspicious, but what I saw was not what I expected. She was attacking that stranger that she took his wallet from. "Marinette! What are you doing?! Why are you attacking that man?!" I screamed. I have never seen her like this before, it was like she was an animal. She was even biting him. After this, he is going to need a trip to the hospital. I finally managed to tear her off of him so the poor man could run, but she punched me and ran after him. You heard right! She punched me! I chased after her, but the man was away and she was crying in an alleyway. "Marinette! What's wrong with you?! Attacking a random guy?! What were you thinking?! Do you want to go to jail?!"

She shook her head, which was in her knees, and continued to cry. Tikki came out of her purse, "Marinette! What's wrong? What happened? Why were you trying to kill that man?!" Marinette still didn't answer, and continued to sob.

Hours past, and Marinette was crying as much as she did when she started. After the first five minutes past, I went over to comfort Marinette. I could tell that Tikki had a good idea on what happened, but she didn't say anything. I still have no clue though. After another fifteen minutes, Marinette was asleep. I slowly sat up, and got Kalkki out of her purse. "Kalkki," I whispered, "Can you teleport us to that abandoned building, please?" Kalkki nodded and opened a portal. I slowly picked Marinette off the ground and carried her to that pile of blankets and clothes that she said used to be her bed. I sat up on the floor and looked over to our bags, glad that they weren't stolen. I asked Trixx to create an illusion for the bags and she did. Marinette has the miracle box in I her bag. I wonder what would've happened if it was lost. Just the thought of it sent shivers down my spine.

Marinette's POV

I woke up and looked around. "Jay-" I cut myself off. Right. He was dead.

Then I heard a faint, "Yeah?" I eyes widened. I looked over to where I heard the voice and there stood the one and only Jason Todd. He smiled. I ran into his arms, "Hey, what's wrong, pixie? Nightmare?"

"You could say that," I told him. I looked up and saw him smile down at me. Then his face morphed into the man that I pick-pocketed the other day.

"YOU KILLED ME PIXIE-P-" I woke up, the sun shinning in my eyes. I wiped my tears away and stood up.

"Chloe?" I asked. She was in the floor asleep. I chuckled and walked over to her. "Hey, Chlo," I said. Her eyes snapped open. She smiled at me, but then frowned.

"Marinette...what happened last night?" She asked me. My eyes widened as I remembered.

"I'm sorry I hit you Chloe," I said. She gave me a looked that screamed 'seriously?'. I looked down. "That was the guy who used Jason as a shield," I whispered in a bitter tone. "If you weren't there, I probably would have killed him." And it was true. I was about to kill him. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...would it? Oh my gosh, I'm a terrible person. How would Paris feel if their hero wanted to kill a man!? They would hate me!

"They wouldn't hate you, Marinette, they'd understand," I looked at her, then I realized I said all of that out loud. I coughed awkwardly.

"How about we go to the park today?" I asked her. She nodded. "It would be a good place to draw some designs..." Chloe laughed.

"Fine, Mari-bug. But you can't have your face all shoved up into your drawing book the whole time!"

1086 Words