~ №1 ~

I think I'm going to regret my decision, Jungwon thought.

I'm gonna miss my mom and her stubbornness. I'm gonna miss the iced Americano coffees she always made for me. I'm gonna miss the heat here. I know that where I am going, it is more cold, and it rains very often. Here, it's hot, humid and when winter's coming we never have snow or it rarely happens. I often sit in my backyard and play with the sand and the rocks. I've almost hit a bird once accidentally, but it flew safely away. Now it's my turn to fly away. I have to move on like my dad moved on from my mother. I never understood him, I never understood why he left my mother. He never cheated on her, didn't have any feelings for someone else, he was happy and healthy, but one day, he just decided to leave saying it would be better if they separated.

It's been 3 years now and I'm finally going to see my dad again, I bet it's going to be awkward as hell. My dad is the sheriff of his town, so he's pretty serious in everything he does and just like my mom, he is away often, but much less than my mother.

Jungwon bring his sheep plushie in his arm and hug his mother the hardest he can.

– I love you, honey. I will call you tomorrow. Text me when you'll be arrived.

– Don't worry mom, Jungwon said.

– I hope you'll find some good friends at school. Or maybe a new lover? Oh have you-

– Mom! Let me go now dad is waiting in the car. Jungwon giggled.

– Yeah, sorry. Here you go! She gave him the last suitcase he needed and smiled to him.

–Bye mom. Say goodbye to Jin from me. Jungwon smirked making his mother roll her eyes and blush. Jin was his mom's new love interest and Jungwon loved to tease her about it.

Jungwon step inside his dad's car and waves to his mom who waves back. Slowly the trees on the road disappears one by one. He exchanged a look with his dad who smiled to him.

– I hope you like rain. His dad said.

– Nope, Jungwon sighed. But some changes can't hurt, right?

His dad nodded, he for sure did understand that because that was the main reason that he left.

That night, Jungwon unpacked his things, he removed his socks and slid under his new green bed sheets, and opened a book called “They both die at the end” by Adam Silvera.

A knock could be heard on the door, Jungwon turned his head toward the sound and closed his book, leaving a finger on the page he was on.

– Can I come in? His dad asked.

–Sure. Jungwon said.

–How do you like your new bedroom? I didn't know what color you would like but I knew you used to like green... I think?

–It's perfect. Thank you.

His dad nodded and swept a finger on the nearest desk leaving a little trace of dust on his fingerprint.

–If you need anything, feel free to ask me. Good night Jungwon.

–Good night. Jungwon said watching his dad close the door.

His eyes started to fall down, so he closed his book. His feet slowly sliding together repeatedly to create some heat. He watched as the curtains of his window slowly moved with the wind. Being too lazy and sleepy, he didn't close it. But instead, he blew the candle on his desk, closed his eyes and let his dreams take over the night.

 But instead, he blew the candle on his desk, closed his eyes and let his dreams take over the night