Part XIII: Sunday Morning

(Sorry, this part took a while. Even though it is short, the next part will be coming soon. It's been a busy few months! Lost four family members in two months. But I'm slowly getting back into writing. Enjoy! And please comment or rate! -J)

The first sensation that registered in my mind when I awoke Sunday morning was the scent of coconut. The smell was familiar – it was from the body wash I used – and Tine had showered with it the night before. The aroma didn't particularly stand out to me as we had fallen asleep. But the body wash on Tine's skin had altered the usual fragrance, and it had taken on a new and alluring quality. Tine's scent was intoxicating, and I breathed in more of it.

I blinked open my eyes to thin rays of sunlight shining through Tine's messy hair. Locks of his hair, disheveled from the night of sleep, lightly touched the tip of my nose. We had fallen asleep facing each other, but during the night, he had turned away from me, and I had slid behind him and wrapped my arms around his slim body. I had my right arm bent at the elbow, and the combination of my bicep and forearm sat atop the pillow and underneath Tine's head. I could feel his breath lightly on my skin, and I loved that my arm had become his pillow. My left arm was around Tine's chest, holding his body tightly to mine. Tine held my left hand in both of his hands, and they were next to his heart. I felt the subtle thumps of his heartbeat. We had bent our knees similarly, and our legs and feet were rubbing against each other.

My bed had never felt so comfortable.

I slowly inhaled as much of Tine's scent as I could and squeezed his body closer to mine as I exhaled.

"Hey!" Tine suddenly yelped, jumping out of my arms and almost sliding off the edge of the bed. He sat up quickly, his eyes bulging with surprise. His face was turning red.

"What's wrong?" I asked. I doubted that Tine could have forgotten where he was; we weren't even drunk when we fell asleep. But something had startled him.

Tine lowered his spooked gaze towards my lap, then back at my face. He seemed afraid to speak, struck mute out of fear and nervousness.

I became anxious. "What?" I asked, eyeing Tine suspiciously. What did I do, I wondered.

Tine repeated the same move he had just done: looking at my lap, then back at my face. He glared at me as if he was upset that I could not understand what he was hinting at and that I couldn't understand what was happening.

"What do you- " I began before freezing midsentence. The reason for Tine's startled reaction and why he was looking at my lap became clear. I was suddenly and embarrassingly aware of my body, specifically the part that had started throbbing between my legs. My erection, which I had unknowingly pushed up against Tine's butt a few moments before, stiffened even more. I could not imagine what was going through Tine's head when I had poked him out of his sleep.

I grabbed a pillow and covered my lap. My face was burning. "It's a natural thing!" I said defensively, looking away.

Tine's face softened, and he leaned back onto the headboard.

I looked towards Tine's lap, and even though I saw no sign of an erection, Tine quickly grabbed a pillow and covered himself in a huff. "Pervert," he growled, rolling his eyes.

I wondered what the time was, and when I began moving around in bed to see where I had put my phone the night before, Tine's body tensed, and he held his breath. He watched me anxiously as I reached across his lap and grabbed my phone. I leaned next to him. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," he answered unconvincingly.

"I meant, are you okay with being in bed with me," I asked, "you know, after last night?" A few seconds passed without a response from Tine. Nervously I asked, "Do you remember last night?"