Geoff's Daughter

~Your/Sarah's POV~

You stare at the picture of you and your mother. It was always just you and your mother. You never really knew your father, just when you were really young. Fuck, you didn't even know your dad's first name.

"Sarah!" Your mom called to you. "I forgot something at work, I need to go grab it!" Your mom was a lawyer at a big-time law firm. She never seemed to care about anything but her job, that was one of the only reasons that you make the best fucking sandwiches ever.

"Alright!" You call back, you wait until you hear the door close before running to your mom's bedroom. Your mom's bedroom was bare; white wash walls; crisp, clean sheets; only a bed, filing cabinet and her computer. You quickly sit down at the computer and turn it on. You wanted to see if she had any files on your dad.

You always wanted to actually meet your dad. You haven't seen him since, like, your 4th birthday, and that was hazy. Your mom refused to tell you anything about him. You wish that you could know more, and you decided today would be the day. The only thing mom told you was that he was a major alcoholic, and was never there.

You looked through anything that may have it. But before you can find anything, you hear your mom unlocking the door. Quickly shutting the computer down, you practically flew to your room and grabbed a random book.

"Hey honey." Your mom was at the door, you glanced up from your 'reading.' "I gotta work all night, please don't bother me. Make yourself something."

"Alright mom, love you." You answer. She shuts the door and walks down to her room. Once you hear her close her door, you pull your laptop on your lap and frantically start typing.

Sarah Rainth Ancestry

You hit enter and look through the google searches. You were 19 next month, you deserve to know. Finding an offical-looking website with a .gov at the end. You look search through files after files, and you think you find something.

Sarah Rainth
Daughter of:
Geoff Ramsey
Carol Rainth
Status of marrige:
Divorced
Location of Carol Rainth:
St. Paul, Minnesota
Location of Geoff Ramsey:
Unknown

Jesus fucking dicks, so fucking close. *This* fucking close. You nearly rage on the keys, but you need to relax. You had a name.

Geoff Ramsey location

You don't even have to click on a website, you see the words Austin, Texas in the website description. Texas, that was completely south of Minnesota. You would have to take a plane if you wanted to go talk to this man, and thats what you intend to do.

~Sunday, 6:28 A.M.~

You wake up, still in your clothes from last night. You were curled up with your laptop in an uncomfortable postion. You strech out, trying to ease your sore... everything. Your interrupted by a knock at your door.

"Sarah, I made breakfast." You hear your mom call from the other side of the door. She walks away as you stand up from your bed. You wait a couple seconds, and then yank the door open. Cautiously, you walk to the kitchen.

"Mom?"

"Yes dear?" Cereal and toast was on the counter. Thanks for the breakfast, mom.

"I want to find my dad."

"What?"

"I want to find dad." You repeat.

"Why?" You see mom stiff, her back turned to you. "He left us a long time ago."