Natsukashii

Natsukashii (adj)

A happy reflection of an event or memory in the past

There she was again. It was the last day of school, and I felt that ache in my heart when I thought that this would be the last time I saw her. I still remember the first time I saw her.

5

4

3

2

1

The sound of the whistle being blown fills my ears.

It felt as if time was moving slowly, just waiting and waiting. Everyone was quiet as we all watched.

15-14 AND ELANOR HIGH SCHOOL WINS THE FINALS!

The crowd jumped up, screaming and hugging as the referee announced our win. My teammates ran towards me as we all celebrated our long and awaited victory. We saw our coach on the sidelines smiling at us as he shook hands with the other team's coach.

I had scored the last goal of the year, and we had won. My teammates jumped on me hugging me as we celebrated our final win.

Our coach blew his whistle, and we all ran towards him "Good job, you guys you worked darn hard for this, and you deserve it. Now let's line up and shake hands with the other team."

We all got up in a line, parallel to the other team and we walked opposite ways as we shook hands, them congratulating us and us thanking them for the good game.

After the shake off my coach approached me. "Alex, there are people here that need to talk to you."

I walked with him to a buff guy standing on the sidelines waiting for us.

"Alex, this is Mr.Boseman, he's a recruit for Stanford University, and he's here to talk to you."

I walked up to him and shook his hand.

"Pleasure to meet you," I greeted him.

"The pleasures are all mine. Let me skip to the point young man, I want you to play soccer for Stanford."

I stood there staring at him not believing what I was hearing.

"If that doesn't convince you, we are also offering you a full scholarship."

"Yes, yes, yes yes," I laughed as I heard him. I was already planning on saying yes. Stanford was my dream college and here they are reaching out to me.

"Good, cause I didn't want to get on my knees and beg."

I laughed as I shook his hand and thanked him multiple times.

'Well then, I'll be taking my leave now and you will be getting your papers in the mail soon."

As he walked away I turned towards my coach in disbelief.

"You deserved it, son," he said as he patted my shoulder. "Now get back to your team and go celebrate."

Just like we always did after a game, we went to grab burgers and milkshakes. I rushed to the locker room to take a quick shower and change before meeting them in the parking lot. Everyone had left and it was only my friends.

"Yo, what happened, why did coach need you" Luca shouted

"Guess who's going to Stanford" I yelled across the parking lot

They all erupted in cheers and ran to hug me as we celebrated for the second time tonight.

"Let's go to Marie's and get that celebration meal"

We all got into our cars and drove a short trip to Marie's where we always went.

Once we got there we all walked towards the door loudly talking

"Yeah, dude I was so surprised when he asked me. I just stood there staring at him."

We walked in and walked towards our usual booths and sat down waiting for the waitress to come over.

"Good evening guys, my name is Eve and I'll be taking your order today. What may ---------"

Everything she said after her introduction faded out as I stared at her.

Her hair.

Her eyes.

Her voice.

I couldn't stop staring.

I never believed in love at first sight until I saw her.

Eve.

🧍‍♀️🧍‍♀️🧍‍♀️🧍‍♀️🧍‍♀️🧍‍♀️🧍‍♀️