Querencia

Querencia (n)

- a place where one feels safe, a place from which one's strength of character is drawn

"Hey I'm back," I said as I walked up to him

"Shall we go now?" he asked standing up

"Yep let's go"

We walked towards his car, got in, and drove to the mini-golf place. Getting there we got out of the car and waited in line to pay for our tickets. I had to use the bathroom so I excused myself and walked to where I had seen the bathrooms.

Walking inside I did my business, washed my hands, and then left. Going back to where I left Ezra I saw him with two girls in the middle of a conversation. I decided to stand off to the side and wait for him to finish.

Taking out my phone I sent a text to Alice to check up on her and make sure she was okay. Waiting for her response I decided to look around the course and walked outside.

"Excuse me" I heard someone say behind me

I turned around and saw a guy that looked a bit older than me standing there.

"Hey, I'm Aiden" he stuck out his hand

"I'm Esmay", reaching out to shake his hand

"So what are you doing here?" he asked me

Confused as to why he was asking me what I was doing at a mini-golf course, I told him that I was here with a friend.

I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder and I turned around to see who it was. Ezra was standing there and met my eyes are I looked at him.

"Hey what are you doing out here," he asked me

Why is everyone asking the most obvious question?

"You were talking to some people so I decided to look around the course"

"Well I'm done now so why don't we go back inside and get our things," he said while pulling me away

"Uh okay," I turned around to wave to the guy and walked back inside with Ezra.

We walked up to the putters and picked one that suited our heights and then picked out three of two different colored balls.

Getting to the first course he pulled me towards him wrapping his arms around my waist. I confusingly wrapped my arms around his torso and placed my head on his chest feeling him rest his chin on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry" I heard him say softly

"For what? You didn't do anything"

"I didn't mean to sound too possessive back there"

I buried my head further into his chest and hugged him tighter.

"It's okay" I assured him

He pulled back and grabbed my face between his hands smiling at me.