Eudaimonia

Esme's POV

Eudaimonia (n)

A contented state of being happy, healthy and prosperous

My alarm went off at 7:50 signaling the first day of college classes. Deciding to shower when classes ended I grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a crop top. Walking to the bathroom, I brushed my teeth, got dressed, and left the door after grabbing my bag and putting on my shoes.

Walking to English class, I snacked on an apple while watching the other student sluggishly move towards their selective classes. Finally reaching class I sat down, took out my notebook, and waiting for class to begin.

Four hours later, I was walking back to the dorm. I had finished all my morning classes and was planning on taking a shower and then a nap. I walked up the stairs to my room and took out my keys opening the door. Alice was laying on the bed asleep so I quietly walked into the bathroom, grabbed my shower caddy, a change of clothes.

Walking to the communal, I put on my earbuds and began to play music. I'm yours by Jason Mraz started playing, so I began to hum to it finally reaching the shower rooms. Walking inside I saw that it was almost empty so I picked a stall, walked in, and began to shower.

In about 20 minutes I had finished. Taking off my shower cap, I changed into my clothes and began the walk back to my dorm. As I was walking I saw someone in the distance that looked a lot like Ezra. Taking out my phone I decided to shoot him a text.

Underline - Esmay

Bold - Ezra

Hey, where are you?

Sent 11:00

Read 11:00

I was just about to text you. I'm near the female dorms.

Sent 11:01

Read 11:02

Well, are you wearing an orange sweater with beige pants?

Sent 11:02

Read 11:02

How did you know?

Sent 11:03

Read 11:03

Where are you?

Sent 11:04

Read 11:04

I saw him looking around so I quietly ducked behind some pillars and sneakily walked up behind him. Getting to the spot where he was I jumped out but he wasn't there.

"BOO"

I swear I felt my soul escape my body at 100 miles per second.

I jumped up and spun around with my hand clutching my chest. Ezra was standing there laughing and clutching his stomach. He laughed the whole time while I was trying to catch my breath.

"Haha laugh it up" standing with my hands folded, I waited for him to stop laughing. He finally stopped laughing and stood up straight smiling at me.

"How did you know that I was sneaking up on you," I asked him

"Maybe next time, try to make less noise. I could hear you laughing from a mile away"

"Next time I'll get you,"

"We'll see" he responded.

"So what are you doing here?"

"I was going to ask you if you wanted to go mini-golfing with me. I finished my classes this morning and heard that there was a good course near here."

"Hm maybe I shouldn't go with you," I said beginning to walk away

I felt him grab my arm and pull me back into his chest.

"Please, I am very sorry for scaring you" he pleaded as he hugged me into him

Wrapping my arms around his torso I agreed to go with him.

"Just let me go get changed and then I'll meet you back here"

"Okay I'll wait right here"

Unwrapping my hands from him I went to pull away but noticed that he wasn't letting me.

"You know that you have to remove your hands for me to go get changed right?" I said while looking up at him.

"Mhm I'm aware of that" he looked down at me smiling

Looking down at his arms and then back at him I raised an eyebrow.

"Finee" he removed his arms and took a step back

I told him that I would be right back and then started walking back to my room. Getting inside I saw that Alice had left.

Maybe she went to her classes.

I walked to my drawer and grabbed a striped shirt with blue jeans. Going into the bathroom to change I also put on lipgloss before walking out grabbing my white shoes and purse.

 Going into the bathroom to change I also put on lipgloss before walking out grabbing my white shoes and purse

Leaving I grabbed my keys and started walking to where I was to meet up with him

Leaving I grabbed my keys and started walking to where I was to meet up with him. After a short walk, I finally got there and saw him sitting on a bench.

"Ezra"

---------------------------------------------------------------

807 words

Lucky - Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat