Eunoia

Eunoia (n)

Eunoia (n)

Beautiful thinking; a well-thought-out mind

Walking back to my dorm, I had the biggest smile on my face. When I asked her out to coffee, I didn't expect her to accept, and it just made me more nervous when she stood there staring at me. I thought she was trying to find a nice way to reject me.

It was honestly the first date I've ever been on, and I really hoped that I didn't mess anything up. But she was the one who suggested a next date, so I'm assuming that means that she had fun and wants to see me again. Was it a date, though? I don't even know.

Getting to the dorm, I took out my keys and opened the door quietly in case Scott was asleep. Walking inside, I saw the lights were still on, and he wasn't even in the room.

I shut the door behind me and took off my shoes. Walking towards my drawer and grabbing a pair of shorts, I walked to the bathroom to get changed and brush my teeth. After finishing, I headed to my bed and took out my phone to charge it.

Going to the contacts, I looked for Eve's number but just saw one unsaved number.

Me: Next week, Friday, 8:00 p.m. I'll pick you up from your dorm

I was really playing my luck here. Hopefully, she was awake or even into me enough to go on a second date.

My Eve—or are you asking or telling?

I smiled to myself while sitting on my bed and leaning back against the wall behind it.

Me: Well, you are the one who suggested the next date so I doubt you're going to say no

My Eve- You're lucky I had fun today.

Goodnight, Eve. I'll see you next week

Waking up the next Friday morning, I was excited. I had woken up a bit late, so it was 3 p.m. Getting up and walking to the bathroom, I brushed my teeth before hopping into the shower and taking my time getting ready.

I hopped out about an hour later, put on lotion, and sprayed the cologne I always used.

Walking back into my dorm, I sat down at my desk and decided to get a bit of work done since the teachers had assigned some basic assignments during syllabus week.

My phone buzzed on the desk, and I picked it up to check it.

My Eve: So are you going to tell me where we're going so I know what to wear?

Me: Dress however you want. You're going to look good regardless

My Eve: Are you flirting with me, Alex?

Me: Would there be something wrong if I was flirting with you?

She didn't reply back, so I put my phone down and continued working until 7.