Redamancy

Redamancy

- the act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned in full

Ezra's POV

Waking up to Esmay softly caressing my face was one of the best feelings in the world. I stared at her as she trailed her fingers from my eyebrows, to my eyes, to my nose, around my cheek and then lastly she brushed them across my lips and I softly kissed her fingers.

She moved closer to me and nuzzled her face into my neck. I placed a kiss on her head as we both began to fully wake up.

"We fell asleep" I heard her mumble

"Yes we did"

"What time is it?"

I reached for my phone to check the time.

"It's 5:00 in the morning" I hesitantly said

I heard her begin to laugh and I started laughing with her.

"I don't think I can go back to sleep"

"Me neither"

She untangled herself from me and got up stretching. I put my hands behind my head still laying down and watched her stretch her arms.

Out of nowhere she stopped stretching with her hands in the air and slowly turned towards me with a mischievous smile on her face.

"What?" I asked her chuckling

"Let's go to target"

"That's random. Why all of a sudden"

"Because target is better at night time. Pleaseee" she folded her hands and pouted at me

"Fine" I said getting up and stretching too

While my hands were in the air she rushed forward and hugged me sending us toppling back onto the bed with her on top of me. She put her legs on either side and continued hugging me. Laughing, I hugged her back and got up with her still in my arms. I held her for a few more seconds before putting her down on the ground.

"But first I'll go to my dorm to change and drop everything off"

I agreed and she grabbed her stuff and left while I went into the bathroom to freshen up.

Walking in I used the bathroom, washed my face, and brushed my teeth. I walked to my drawer and grabbed a pair of grey shorts, a white shirt, and a matching grey vest. Slipping it on I grabbed my keys, my wallet and put on my white sneakers before heading out.

 Slipping it on I grabbed my keys, my wallet and put on my white sneakers before heading out

Walking to where we always met I saw her sitting there waiting for me. She was wearing yellow sweatpants, a white shirt with white shoes.

 She was wearing yellow sweatpants, a white shirt with white shoes

"You ready to go" I said getting closer to her

She turned around and smiled at me. "Yep, let's go"

We got in my car and she began playing music while we drove there. Getting to target after less than a 20 minute drive, I parked and we got out.

"Race you to the entrance" I heard her quickly say before taking off towards the doors

I ran after her and managed to get to the entrance first with her following behind me out of breath.

I gave her a few seconds to catch her breath before we walked inside. Grabbing a cart and meeting her inside she stopped the car and climbed inside and looked at me smiling cheekily.

"So where to first?" I asked her pushing the cart

"First to the ice cream section"

"Didn't we just buy ice cream a few weeks ago?" I asked her while heading to the ice cream section

"Yes, but that was so long ago" she said whining as we neared the ice cream

Staying inside the cart she reached her hand out the open the freezer doors and grabbed two boxes of popsicles.

"Now to the skin care isle"

I pushed her and the ices to the skin care isle and again she stayed in the cart grabbing face masks and nose strips.

"Hold up I'll be right back" she said hoping out of the cart and walking away.

I watched her walk away and started walking around the isle looking for things that I might need.

Looking up after a few minutes I saw Esmay sprinting towards me with stuff in her hand. She slowed down as she got closer to me and finally came to a complete stop.

"Why are you running" I asked her alarmed

"I'm not running"

"Well why were you running?"

"I was running?" I asked pretending to not know what I was talking about.

I went silent and stared at her waiting for her to answer my question.

"I thought I heard a ghost when I was over there" I heard her mumble

I stared at her for a few seconds before doubling over laughing. I laughed for a good 2 minutes before looking up at her and seeing her with her arms crossed and pouting made me laugh even harder.

"You done now" she grumbled

Sobering up, I walked towards her and pulled her into a hug but she refused to hug me back still with her arms crossed.

"Aw it's okay. I'll protect you from the ghost"

"If you were there you would have thought the same thing"

"I'm sure I would have"

She finally unwrapped her and hugged me back.

"So what did you get" I asked her finally pulling back

"Pads, Canvases, paint, pallets, trash bags and paint brushes" she exclaimed happily gesturing towards them

"So I get what the pads are for what are the other stuff for" I asked going behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"I thought that we could paint once we get back"

"That's a good idea. Do you need anymore things or should we go pay now"

"We can go pay now" she said as we walked to the cash register

After she paid we walked to the car and got in and head back to the campus. Getting to campus we got out of the car and and headed back to my dorm. Opening the door we walked in and I suddenly realized something.

"Esmay"

------------------------------------

1048 words

I think I'm in love again - Kat Dehlia