Serendipity

Serendipity

Finding something good without looking for it

Ezra POV

Opening my eyes, the first thing I noticed was how dark the room was. Had I fallen asleep for that long? Raising my head up slightly, I saw my phone and what was on it made my heart swell. Esmay has fallen asleep on the phone, and taking a quick second to scan her face, it seemed as if she had gotten up to get ready for bed. Her face looked washed, and her hair was tied back.

I loved seeing her at times like this. Calm and peaceful. Although I loved her bubbly personality, this allowed me to observe her beauty. I closed my eyes and slowly fell back asleep with her sleeping on the other side of the phone.

A few hours later

I opened my eyes and quickly closed them again. I had forgotten to close the blinds last night, so the sun was shining inside my room. I tried again, slowly opening them, and my eyes got adjusted to the difference. Rolling over, I stretched my legs while yawning.

"Good morning."

I turned my head to the side and saw Esmay lying there smiling slightly at me.

"Hey did you just wake up?" I asked her in a soft voice

"Mhm," she said, yawning making the words stretch out.

I smiled at my phone and sat up while stretching my arms up into the arm. Interlocking my fingers, I bent the top half of my body to both sides before leaning forward and slightly touching my toes. Finally hearing my back crack, I sat back up and put one hand on the top of my head, and bent it slightly to the side before doing the same to the other side after hearing them both crack. Interlocking my fingers again, I pushed them slightly out, and again after hearing them crack, I let go and sighed deeply.

I turned back to my phone when I heard Esmay also let out a deep sigh. She was seated up in the same position I was in already looking at me.

"Did you just follow along with me?" I asked amazed

"Yep. It looked professional so I decided to follow along. I must say 10/10 and I would recommend"

I began to laugh, and within seconds that laugh became uncontrollable. Esmay was definitely a character, and she never failed to make me laugh this hard.

It took a few minutes before I calmed down and still then I found her comment funny. Looking back at the phone, I wiped the tears out of my eyes and noticed that now she was standing in front of her mirror in the bathroom.

I guess I had been laughing so hard that I didn't notice that she had changed locations.

I took ahold of the blanket and pulled it off my lower half before swinging my legs off the side of the bed and onto the cold floor underneath. Picking my feet up quickly, I glanced at my bedside table and saw that I had left a pair of socks on it. Quickly thanking past Ezra, I picked up my feet and slipped the socks onto them before putting my feet back on the floor, but this time they were protected from the cold.

Standing up fully, I started walking towards the bathroom while rubbing the tiredness out of my eyes. I stepped into the bathroom and closed the door behind me before walking to the toilet to do my business. Once I finished, I walked to the sink and washed my hands thoroughly before walking out of the bathroom, grabbing my phone and heading back. Closing the door behind me again, I placed the phone on top of the sink and turned on the faucet. Looking into the mirror, I reached for my toothbrush before grabbing the toothpaste too. Dipping my toothbrush under the water, I opened the toothpaste and out a line onto the brush. Closing the top, I put it back onto the counter and brought the brush up to my mouth, and started brushing my teeth.

After making sure I brushed each tooth back and front and my tongue, I spit the toothpaste out and used water to wash off the foam from the outside of my mouth. Rinsing off the brush I placed it back inside the toothbrush holder. I bent over the sink side and cupped my hands under the water, collecting some before wetting my face. I reached to the side and grabbed my cleanser, and opened the top, squeezing some onto my fingertips before spreading it on my hands and rubbing it onto my face. Feeling my hair get slightly wet from the water reminded me that I forgot to tie it back before washing my face. Rinsing off the foam, I turned off the water and grabbed my towel to wipe off all the water from my face.

After my face was completely dry, I grabbed my sunscreen. I applied it onto my face before grabbing my moisturizer and putting it on top. Usually, after all of this, I would be fully awake, and this time was no different. Grabbing my phone, I walked back into the room, threw the phone on the bed, and walked to my dresser. Opening the top dresser, I grabbed a new shirt from the second dresser; I grabbed a pair of shorts and then new boxers from the last drawer. Taking off the clothes I was currently wearing, I changed quickly and put the old clothes into the dirty clothes hamper.

I made a mental note to do laundry before I went back home for this weekend. Heading back to my bed, I grabbed my phone and saw Esmay lying on her back with her phone above her face. I smiled softly at her face and saw her lips start stretching out in a smile.

"You know I see you right?" she giggled.

"Oh really? Can you" I cheekily asked her

Grabbing my phone, I lifted it high up in the arm;

"Can you see me now?"

"Yep," she started smiling wider.

"How about now?" I brought my phone as low as I could without bending my knees

She started laughing lightly. "Yes I can still see you."

"And now?" I brought the phone all the way to my face

She started laughing harder. "I can definitely see you now"

I chuckled and threw my phone on the bed before following it and jumping onto the bed.

Turning onto my back, I held my phone above my head with one hand while the other hand rested underneath my head.

"So what should we do today Esmay?"

-----------------------------------------

1101 words

Heartbreak anniversary - GIVEON