First Day

Monday Mornings, agh. I have a shower and put on my towel. I walk to my bedroom and someone throws a rock at my window.

Kayla - What?!

I poke my head out the window.

Conan - I knew you'd still be in your towel. You have 3 minutes if you want a ride to school

Kayla - You could.ve texted me

He does this and it's always annoying.

Conan - Please, like we've ever done that

He smirks, then winks. I roll my eyes and get dressed into my uniform and walk downstairs.

Hi, my name is Kayla Smith. I'm 17. I have olive skin, with light blue eyes, with long wavy ash blond hair.

I say goodbye to my mum and run to my friend's car. If you're wondering about my nosy chauffeur, that's Conan.

This is Conan Gray. He is also 17. He has tan skin, with deep brown eyes and short curly dark brown hair.

Conan and I go way back. Our parents were best friends in lamaze class, then they bought houses right next to each other. But when we got older Conan's parents started fighting a lot. I was there for him when things were rough at home. He was there for me when my dad passed away. Jamie and Caleb transferred out to our school in year 9 and we all became instant friends.

We pick up Jamie and Caleb.

Caleb - Sup fools

Jamie - Um we're not the fool going to the first day of year 12 without a backpack.

We all laugh as Caleb goes to get his bag. Caleb and Jamie definitely had feelings for each other, and Jamie liked to say Conan and I did too. But we were just friends, always had been and friends were all we'd ever be. Right?

We arrive at school and go our separate ways to class

Kayla - Well, we made it through the first class of year 12.

Conan - Kinda, I fell asleep with my eyes open twice

Classic Conan.

Conan - Are you going to Jake's party tonight?

Kayla - Jake's having a party?"

Conan - Yep. A costume party. It's gonna be huge. Everyone will be there

Kayla - Then obviously I'm going. I never miss a party. And definitely not a costume party

Lunch comes around and Jamie comes over.

Jamie - Kayla, did you hear about Jake's party?

Kayla - Yeah, I was just texting you about it.

Caleb comes behind and tries to scare Jamie.

Jamie - Hey Caleb

She didn't, she was calm.

Caleb - Man, I really thought I'd get you there

He looks disappointed.

Jamie - Why don't you try again at the party tonight.

She sounds all lovey dovey, he laughs and walks off.

Kayla - Okay, What was that?!

Jamie - Maybe, I'm... Kinda... Interested in Caleb again.

Kayla - WHAT?! Have you forgotten how bad it was when you two broke up?!

Jamie - I know, I know. He thought I was too much of a flirt. I thought he had jealousy issues.

Kayla - I was talking about the part where you guys didn't speak for 6 months. Conan and I had to go out with you guys separately and never all together. It was so hard not being able to see everyone.

Jamie - That was 2 years ago. Maybe we're in a better place to be together now. I want to tell him how I feel at Jake's party tonight.

Kayla - If that's the case, then obviously I've got your back babes. First off, we're gonna need extra cute costumes for this party. Meet at the lockers after school as soon as the last bell goes

Jamie - Perfect