The mystery bot

(A/n: consider these next few chapters as a moment i make the focus only on one or two rangers, but the others are there);

With the group now at five rangers the team keeps growing a bit as does the amount of bots being rescued. However in this abandoned building in Boston there was a Cybertronian who was using this monitor that contained information about the five rangers. "Perhaps I give them a little run for their money as these humans say" he said. He turned to these five containers, each containing a brainwashed autobot that was collected from the field. "Now who to send first" he said. He then released one chuckling. "Go.... Track down those rangers" he said. The bot he released took off.

In the N.E.S.T base the rangers minus Anika were currently training in one of the hologram simulations. Serge though seemed to be more faltered then before. "Serge focus leader!" Stated Nick angry. Serge shook his head. "Er right come on" he said. He commanded his team, but it lead to a messy finish. Anika was reviewing the footage and sighed a bit. "I can read that doubt and lack of confidence body language from a mile away" she muttered.

She got up and left the base in Strongarm and vector prime's hands before going to the cadets. "Director?" Asked a confused Sophia. "Cadet lake, come with me" added Anika. "Uh oh" added Aaron. Serge sighed getting up knowing he messed up in training. "Yes director" added Serge. He left with her as Anika placed a plexiglass eye cover over her red eye. Serge was confused with what Anika was doing.

"Um... Director.... Where are we going?". " And... Why are you wearing an eye piece again? " asked a confused Serge. "You'd be surprised how many people don't like red eyed humans". "As for where we're going, you and I are going to take the day together so I can learn what's happened to you" responded Anika. She took Serge into the city and they just started walking around. "So... Cadet, you seem to be faltered from before... What's going on with you?" Asked Anika. "Yikes, they were right when they said you don't sugarcoat" added Serge. Anika looked at Serge showing she wasn't laughing.

Serge sighed and looked away. "I'm sorry director, it's just... You're the main director, but... Now you're a ranger again... I just-" he said. Anika nodded getting the idea. "You don't think you're confident enough to lead still because I'm your commander" she said. Serge looked down sighing. "I'm sorry.... I know I have ranger history because my brother was one.... But it's like.... I don't know how to move in his footsteps exactly" added Serge. "He wasn't even a CDF ranger". Anika handed him water saying, " drink this to help calm yourself, you're getting into an anxiety attack".

Serge was taken aback stunned that she was able to tell so easily. "How did you-" he started. "I do have a friend I talk to when I'm off duty who has these way too often..... And one of my fellow rangers when we were the original CDF had experienced those too" added Anika looking down at the mention of her fellow ranger. That gave Serge flashbacks to watching the video where he and the other rangers saw that one of the female rangers and a male ranger were not present when Anika was poisoned but the other three rangers with the director were. Anika exhaled and regained herself. "Anyway, so... The point is you need to calm down". She faced Serge then decided she didn't care what people said and removed the plexiglass eye cover from her eye. " the point is... I picked you for a reason as the red ranger ".

She placed the cover away in her pocket. " I decided by experience and proof that cadets had the potential, hence the scores... It's actually a secret test...the points don't actually matter...the showing of confidence and experience does". "And you proved that, it's why you became the red ranger" added Anika. "I could see you had the leadership, but you need to believe in yourself more". Serge was shocked hearing her and seemed to smile a bit. "Am I able to hug you?" Asked Serge. Anika laughed looking at Serge. "Of course" she said.