August 19th, 2015

Last night I awoke to a loud banging on the door downstairs. It shook me out of a dead sleep and into the zone. For a moment I had forgotten where I was. Dazed and confused I peeked through the blinds to the door downstairs. It was that fucking ass hole who stole my car the other day! I snapped from my sleepy state in a rage of fire, nobody fucks me over. I crept open the window, careful to cover my face from his sight;

"I'm coming down," I yelled.

"Hurry," he replied.

I looked up to see a swarm of the dead chasing slowly behind him. There was a good fifty feet between him and them. No doubt this building would be swarmed soon, it was time to go, again. I'm always on the run now, its starting to get old. I packed what was left of the pasta and ran down the stairs, drawing my gun and changing the clip.

The door swung open as I raised the gun to chest level. He looked at me and fear overcame his face. He tried to raise his gun toward me but I got the first shot, right through the heart. "No one steals from Reese, ass hole," I said, spitting on his corpse.

I grabbed the shotgun and quickly checked his pockets for any spare shells. There we're four, plus the two on the ground. With the 9mm running low on ammo his gun was a God send. For a moment I thought about shooting him in the head. I felt cold as I decided to save the bullets for the real threat and took off down the street once more. There was an overwhelming sense of Deja Vu as I ran down the same road I came from days before. I ran past the covered bodies of mother and daughter and the corpses or the infected responsible for their demise.

I took a left onto OsGoode Station Road. As I circled onto the street I ran out of stamina, struggling to catch my breath as a small cluster of the infected walked toward me. There wasn't any other choice, I had to stop and catch my breath. I had to let those things get as close as possible before I could even try running again. Man, am I ever out of shape.

The streets were getting darker by the second and my situation was growing more dire. A few of the infected were inches away before I gathered up the energy to run another block or two. It was terrifying, I felt as though I would die of asphyxiation before the dead got to me. My entire body ached as I ran with what little energy I had left over. I managed to run nearly two blocks away before I was winded once more.

Down the road flickers of light coming through a boarded up window caught my attention. Desperately I crawled toward the small house, every step I took was in pure agony. I banged on the door, crying and screaming to be let in;

"Please..." I begged.

They we're getting closer and my desperation grew even more so. I rammed my body into the door, again, and again with little success.

"LET ME IN!" I cried.

Again, I slammed into the door.

"GO AWAY!" a frail voice called out.

"Please... Ill die out here," I responded.

I heard the loud banging of a hammer behind the door and the sound of creaking wood as I desperately awaited entry.