F-Fog?!

(Y/N)'s POV

A few hours had passed, and we were still running. I didn't mind that much, but it was getting boring. A few minutes after we had met this Gon kid, I decided to slow down a little, giving them space, so I don't intrude.

I sneak a quick glance at killua while he's talking to Gon and he seems to be a lot happier. Whenever he's happy, I'm happy, but I missed talking to Killua, just us together.

Maybe it's all running.

"Hey (Y/N), do you have any pets?" Gon asks, making me jump a little. I press my shirt down to act like that DIDN'T just happen and plaster a smile on my face.

"Actually I've never had a pet! Well other than Mike, but he's more of Killua's pet than mine!" I respond, trying to act like I truly care about this conversation.

"That's really cool! Are you feeling okay (Y/N)? You look a bit pale. You know I bet you need something to eat right about now!"

Killua looks at me with his piercing blue eyes. He's watching you. Just smile and answer quickly and quietly. I have to be the strong one for both of us. I can hold out on my own.

"Thank you for the offer, but I'm not too hungry right about now. I had food before we came here." I say, practically lying through my teeth.

If Killua knew how I felt, I would ruin the wall I've spent so long building up. I got too happy and it all crumbled down.

"ASSASSINS DON'T NEED FRIENDS." I shudder, thinking of what my mother and father would do to me when they find out that I left.

I looked forward and saw the exit. There was light. There was fresh air. Finally, something to cool me down.

Killua puts his hand on my shoulder, and I smile at him, signaling to drop it. He looks at me concerned when Gon challenges us to a race. We all agree and race forward. We all tied, unfortunately, and I felt better. I saw the two people Gon kept talking to run out as well. They looked beat.

The Examiner came to a halt and started to explain what was happening.

"This forest is full of creatures who want nothing more than to kill and eat you all. They will use any kinds of means necessary."

'Great. Now we were in a deadly forest just to get a piece of paper saying we passed. Ya know, I'm starting to think that I'm not gonna have as fun of a time as I thought.'

I sense someone behind us, as they start to accuse the examiner of being a deadly creature. A few of the others taking the test start to realize who was the fake. Suddenly this guy with a star and teardrop on his face, threw 2 cards engulfed in nen at the fake and the examiner. After that fiasco occurred, I decided to stay close to the group. The group was made up Killua, Kurapika, Mr. Leorio, Gon, and I. It was pretty big, but there were many groups, like the Amori brothers.

We were told to follow the examiner.

As we got deeper into the forest, it became foggier and foggier, and even I could barely sense anyone. I was glad that I stood closer to the group because I ended up with Killua and Gon. It was good and bad luck in itself.

"I haven't seen the guys in a while. I just hope they're safe." Gon says, his eyebrows furrowing a little, and his voice filled with worry.

I turn to look at the two boys, continuing to run with them. We hear some noises and-

"AHHHHHHHHH"

I crash down with a huge thud, following 2 more right on top of me.

"Ouch." I say, my eyes filled with annoyance.

They all had to fall on me didn't they. I'm not a cushion!

"What is this place?! Is everyone okay?!" Gon asks.

"I think we're inside a monster. We need to find a way-" Killua is interrupted by the creature moving.

Thud

THud

THUd

THUD

We all splash out of the creature one by one. Gon falls on his face, Killua falls in a crisscross position, and I'm standing. Thankfully Killua and I both have our skateboards, otherwise, it would've made it so much harder to pass this exam.

Gon laughs. "I guess he must not have liked the way we tasted, huh?"

I watch killua take that laced drink Tonpa gave up out of his pocket. "It was this stuff." He says.

"Oh the drink Tonpa had..." I say, immediately drawing attention to myself.

"(Y/N)! You finally spoke! I was hoping to hear your voice again because I always make friends with the best sounding people! Hmm maybe its just my luck!" He giggles, and I blush.

"W- What?! You gotta be mistaken, I mean you've heard me talk like 3 times! How would you even know if you like my voice?" My hands fly around, trying to justify everything and nothing at the same time.

Killua and Gon turn to each other and chuckle.

"Okay then, let's keep going! We'll make it back in time if we head off now!" Killua says, turning the other way.

Me and Gon start to follow him, and off we went.

About 5 minutes after we started, me and Killua find the rest of the Examinees. Killua laughs "All right! We caught up with the main group! Gon, (Y/N), look!"

He turns to look at us, and I turn to look at Gon when we both realize that Gon had left.

________________________________________________________________________________
(909 words)

:D Have a good day!