The end?

It was towards the end of the day. I was standing in front of my house. I walked inside, all the butlers staring at me. I went straight to the dungeon, where my father was waiting for me. I sat down and waited.

I knew what was coming. First, a slap to the face, then a couple stabs to the stomach, then throw-up pills, then fire. The cycle continued for days. At most a month. I still got a little bit of food. Not much though. Maybe a sliver of bread a week? I couldn't count.

My last day in confinement. I start hearing ruckus. Just loud noises, and a lot of yelling, but it reminds me of Gon, Kurapika, Leorio, and... Killua. I miss them. So much. I hope it's not them. I wouldn't be able to look them in the eye. I'm too tired, destroyed, and I can barely talk. I can't even cry. I'm weak.

"LET US IN DAMMIT!" I hear someone yell. My eyes almost widen, but my mother is watching, so I don't make any sudden movements. I hear footsteps and look down. I can see anyone right now. I'm a mess. I bet I look like a wreck too. The footsteps get closer and closer, and then the door opens.

"(Y/N)" My father calls. I have to look up now. I have to. But I can't. My body won't let me. I can't see the disappointment in their eyes. It would be too much. I cannot handle it.

"(Y/N)! Look at me now!" My father has no patience. He starts to yell, grabbing my face in the process. He lifts my face up and does something that forces my eyes open.

I don't know what my eyes look like, I can only imagine. I think they would be very dull. That's how I felt. I couldn't smile, I couldn't cry, I couldn't get angry. It felt terrible, but I didn't care. It didn't matter anyway.

I look up, and not surprisingly, I see all of them. Even Killua. I start to wonder how they were even able to make it here in one piece. But my thoughts are cut off by my father's words.

"Your so-called friends have come to retrieve you. I recognize one of them. Hurry up and get out of my sight. You're lucky I'm nice. I could've killed you by now." He throws my old tarnished clothes on the floor, and my chains pop off. I almost fall over, Leorio running to try and catch me, but I lift myself back up. I quickly put on the clothes (you had clothes on, but you put these on top of them) and start to walk out. They all follow me, nobody saying a word. I get it. I can barely muster any myself. But I had to. The silence was killing me. As soon as we get far enough from the house, I try to start a conversation.

"How'd you guys find me? We're pretty hidden." I look down the whole time. I almost broke seeing their pitied faces.
"I showed them the way. Sorry if I made it worse." Killua responds. I can't even imagine how his face looks right now. It could look like anything.

"Why won't you look at us?" Gon plainly states.

I start shaking a little. Tears start to weld in my eyes. I stop walking, and they quickly came to a stop as well.

"I'm... I'm really sorry. I put you guys in danger. You shouldn't have come for me. I'll just get in your way." And the tear gates open. I knew I couldn't keep them locked forever, but i didn't think that it would only take this much for me to break down.

SMACK

A big red spot forms on my cheek. I could recognize that slap. Killua.

"DON'T TALK LIKE THAT! WE CAME TO GET YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE OUR FRIEND. WE CARE ABOUT YOU! YOU'RE NOT A DESTROYER. YOU'RE A KIND, FUNNY PERSON WHO DESERVES FRIENDS. YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND." Killua starts yelling.

My knees fall out. Not due to emotions this time. My wounds were deep. Really deep. But I didn't care. I look up at all of them, and tears are streaming harder down my face. They give me a weird, sad, angry, and sorry kinda look, and Gon gives me a hug.

"S-Sorry... I bet I look pretty pitiful huh?" I sniff, trying to wipe the tears off my face, which doesn't work because more keep coming.

"It's fine. Were your friends. You can talk to us. We won't judge you, we promise." Kurapika smiles.

About 30 minutes later, and I'm okay. The tears finally stopped. Took longer than normal though. They brought me to a hospital, and I was fixed up mysteriously fast. I don't think about it though. All I can think about are my friends. How selfless they are. How kind they are.

"Thank you, guys."

________________________________________________________________________________

(811 Words)

Hey guys! This has been a journey. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I do writing them! This really has helped me with writing, and I know that I wasn't always able to give long updates, but I try. It's a wild ride writing these, and let me know if you want me to write other ones! This is Book 1, but I'm going to try and take a little break. I spent all day finishing this series, and I'm a little tired. But please read them, as I spend a lot of time on them. Even If you don't like them, criticism helps me a ton! Thanks for enjoying the story, and I hope you read more of my work! See you later! <3