Chairman Netero

We start talking about random stuff, and all of a sudden this crazy feeling suddenly comes out. I jerk my head to where the feeling was, noticing Gon and Killua are doing the same, but nothing is there.

Weird.

"Something wrong?" I turn my head again, less suddenly, and see Chairman Netero. Killua and I are still on edge, but thankfully Gon isn't.

"Mr. Netero, you didn't see anyone come from that side, did you?" Gon says, pointing to where the feeling was.

"No, I didn't." He said, not getting flustered in the slightest. I don't believe it.

"You're fast. For an old-timer." Killua starts to add to the conversation. He doesn't believe him either.

"Oh, that trick? I just barely moved, that's all." Netero says with a smile.

I give Netero a glare, Killua follows, and Netero gives it right back.

"What do you want? You don't have anything to do 'till the last phase, isn't that right?" I say, Gon looks at us confused.

"Now now, no need to be so unkind," the chairman says, my suspicion growing by the second. "I just got a little bored, so I decided to look for some company. By the way, I have to ask you, any thoughts on your first attempt at the hunter exam?" He smiles at us, Gon returning it.

"Yea! It's a lot of fun! There haven't been any written tests yet, and I was kinda worried about that." Gon replies. I keep my gaze on the chairman, just in case. He looks strong.

"I'm honestly disappointed. I expected this to be a lot more challenging. But I assume that the next phase will be a lot more interesting." Killua also responds. He's not wrong in any way, to be honest.

Oh well... We'll see... What about you?" He looks at me.

"Um... It's okay I guess. It is kind of boring though." I say plainly. My glare doesn't break.

I can feel Killua also staring daggers at the old guy. He puts his hand on my shoulder, breaking my gaze, and says "C'mon let's go Gon and (Y/N)." I turn my back and start to follow him, when the chairman calls us, with a 'Wait! Just a moment.'

I look at him over my shoulder. "Would you like to play a little game with me?" He smiles at us.

"Game?" Gon says, confused.

"And to make it interesting, If you two beat me, I'll make you all hunters on the spot."

Before anyone else can say another word, I mumble a small "No way old man." I guess I said it loud enough for them to hear me, but Gon ignores it as his excitement grows. "Really?! I'll play!" I stop in my tracks. Killua turns to the old guy, and I follow.

"So, what do you say? Well?"

________________________________________________________________________________(454 Words)

HAVE A GOOD DAY AND DRINK WATER!!!