I Can't Believe We Failed.

Killua starts to snicker, and I and Leorio are both ticked off.

"Well, maybe I wouldn't complain so much if we weren't BEING CHASED BY MEAT-EATING PIGS THAT WANT TO EAT US (Y/N)!" Leorio starts to yell at me. I hate being yelled at, but I only ever respect someone who yells at me, if they're actually right, or I don't want to argue with them.

"If you weren't prepared for this, maybe you shouldn't have taken this exam without any training. I'm taking this exam with years of training behind me. If you don't want to die, or almost die, then you should've tried harder to learn to fight." I say, keeping calm, but knowing that my calmness is going to burst in a little bit.
"(Y/N), chill out." Killua grabs my arm, trying to calm me down. I turn to look at him and smile. "Okay, Killua.'' I turn back to Leorio, giving him a small glare. "But I won't take back what I said Mr. Leorio." He shudders, and Gon and Kurapika look a little relieved.

------------------
Killua's POV
------------------

I sigh. I know this is the best it's going to get. (Y/N) tends to have a bit of a temper, based on who they're talking to. It's hard enough for them to trust others, but it's worse when they're annoyed. I need to find a way for them to actually chill out instead of just brushing it off. Any more super annoying moments and they'll be scared shitless. Which I don't mind, but it can be a real hassle to calm them down.

"(Y/N), come run next to me." I say, hoping that if I get them away from the old man, they might chill out enough for nobody to get hurt.

Their face turns slightly red as they slow down a little bit in order to stand next to me. I slide my hand onto (Y/N)'s forehead, thinking she might be sick. Sometimes the stress gets to them, and they shut down, but I've only ever heard rumors my mother told me.

Suddenly, Gon tries to attack one of the pigs and fails. The pig tries to attack him, but thankfully Gon dodges just in time. He gets ready to fight the thing, when dozens of apples fall in between the pig's eyes, causing it great pain. Gon takes the chance and hits the pig in between its eyes as hard as he could, killing the pig almost instantly.

I smile and turn to look at the pig. "Huh, that's it! Their foreheads are their weak spots."

Kurapika adds to the conversation, paying no mind to Leorio who is being chased by a pig. "I see. That makes sense. They developed tough snouts to protect their delicate foreheads."

Somehow everyone heard, and it ended with just about everyone having a pig to cook.

~~~~~~~~~
(Y/N) POV
~~~~~~~~~

After at least 10 people failed the second phase, it came to our turns. I tried to make mine presentable, and it sure looked tasty to me.

Mr. Leorio went first. He had an overcooked pig with a flag on the top.

"Tell me how much you love it," Leorio says with a smirk on his face.

Menchi throws the entire plate while yelling "IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE A KIDS MEAL?!"
Gon went next. He had flowers and bows all over the pig, basically over decorating the overcooked pig he had made.

"Okay, mine is next!" He says with enthusiasm.

She throws it once again, Buhara catching it and eating it, this time yelling "IT'S JUST LIKE THE LAST ONE!"

I knew I was going to be last, but I also knew I was not going to pass this one. Mine was cooked perfectly, but my presentation was just a small thing. Some small things here and there, but nothing drastic.

Kurapika went before killua and I, saying "The next entry is mine, ready to be judged." He had a nice pig, with stuff in between the slices.

"Well, finally something that resembles an actual dish." She says as I turn all my attention to her, hoping at least one of us will pass. "GROSS!" she flings it again. "Presentation is important, but not at the expense of the flavor. You're basically no better than number 403."

Kurapika comes back, and Leorio laughs. "Better luck next time."

After Killua had tried, (And failed) it was my turn.

"Please give me your criticism and how I can do better." I try and sound as interested as possible.

"Hmm.. It looks presentable enough.." She takes a bite. "TOO JUICY!" She throws my pig to the side. I'm slightly disappointed, but I'm just worried that I'll go home after this.

"Since you all sucked... None of you passed to the next phase. Exams over!"

Everyone started rioting, and Menchi started yelling. I sighed with annoyance. These people were too loud. I'm so used to my quiet life, that I never really had to sit and listen to others being annoying. Menchi explained why none of us passed when we all heard a voice from the sky.

"Well that said, it seems a bit excessive to fail every single applicant."

Suddenly, this old guy comes from out of a blimp, and crashes to the ground, causing the dirt to fly everywhere. The group and I stared in shock as the man walked towards Menchi. She explained how he was responsible for the hunter exam as a whole, and that his name was Chairman Netero.

"Oh, I just work behind the scenes, it's not all that impressive,'' he joked. "I only intervene in the exam when little things like this popup. Now, dear Menchi."

"Sir." She responded fast.

"It's come to my attention that you've chosen to fail all this year's applicants, reason being, as I understand it, their general reluctance to challenge the unknown." The old man says, grabbing a peel at the examiner's chest.

I crinkle my nose in disgust. 'Is he really who I'm relying on to pass this year?'

"No.." Menchi's voice lowered a little. "I'm sorry sir, but I snapped when a candidate insulted Gourmet Hunters. And I'm afraid I made the exam harder than necessary." She closed her eyes, almost feeling slightly guilty.

They talked for a while and came to the conclusion that we would retake the exam, this time making boiled eggs.

We head aboard the airship, to Split Mountain. She demonstrated how to get the eggs from the webs that were in between a huge crack in the cliff, and soon we got started.

________________________________________________________________________________

(1060 Words)

Should I make the pace fasted? I feel like I'm making this take too long with the dialogue, and I don't want you guys to get bored. Please tell me if you enjoy slow or fast-paced writing.

I might make it just a tiny bit faster in general though, as I want to get past the hunter exam at some point.

Anyways, please enjoy, and I hope you have a good week!

Bye!