My Parents

Menchi and the Chairman start to talk about the eggs, and I roll my eyes. 'Can't we get started yet?' Gon gives the group a mischievous grin.

"I've been waiting for something like this!"

We all jump down, to grab the eggs. Soon people start to follow us down, and soon just about everybody is on the web. We see a few people jump down, and fall to their death.

Leorio starts to complain. "What are we waiting for?"

I look down at the eggs frustrated. "No wind. The updrafts don't happen all the time."

Gon starts to sniff the air, any minute now, he says.

I get curious and start to try and find something as well. My eyes widen a small amount, and the web starts to give out.

"What's going on now?!" Leorio shouted.

"It appears that the web isn't strong enough to support all of this weight" Kurapika responds, trying to stay calm.

Killua turns to Gon and I, asking when we can go. I close my eyes and focus.

"OKAY NOW!" We both shout and let go of the web, having everyone else that was still waiting follow us. We grab the eggs, and the wind lifts us back up.

____________
__TIMESKIP__

After the 2nd phase ended, with all of us passing, we boarded an airship that would take us to where we needed to go for the 3rd phase. The Netero guy gave some speech and said we could do anything we wanted on the ship.

Killua gave the smile he gives when we're about to get into trouble. 'Oh no. What is he going to drag me into this time?'

☆~

"Hey! Kids! What're you doin'?! Stay outta the kitchen! Go eat in the dining hall with the others!"

The chef throws us out of the kitchen with a turkey leg. 'I can't believe we got away with a whole turkey leg. This is some good food!' I take a bite, help Gon and Killua up, and we start to explore the rest of the ship. Killua points out the view and they both gush over it. I walk over to see it, and smile.

Gon starts to bring something up. "Hey. So I was wondering... Your parents. Are they- I mean where are they?" He looks to Killua, and I pay my attention to his answer, wondering what Gon will say when he finds out.

"Hm... They're alive. Probably." Killua responds, and I can't help but chuckle a little when Gon asks what they do. 'How's he gonna explain that his parents kill people for a living?'

"They're assassins." Killua says blandly. 'Just like that huh-'

"They both are?!" Gon asks in response. Killua and I burst into laughter.

"That's your response?! You really are a riot aren't cha!" Gon looks at us confused, and Killua tries to explain. "You're not the first person I've told about my parents, but you're the first to take it seriously. Most of the time people only like me because they can't tell whether i'm serious or not."

He goes off to explain how he wants to kill his family, and I nod in agreement.

"Well, what about you (Y/N)?"

My eyes widen a little. "Me? What do you want to know about me?" I said shakily. 'What if he knows my parents and thinks bad of them?'

"Well, what do your parents do?" He starts to get curious.

"Oh... Promise you won't be too mean?" I hope he'll respond how I want him to.

"Of course! There's no reason to be mean! They should be cool after all! I mean you're super cool so I would hope so."

I chuckle nervously. "Well, my parents are alive as well, and they're assassins, just like Killua's parents. The only difference is that they take on the harder jobs. Unlike Killua, I don't have any siblings. Because of that, I will soon become their source of income. They put me through a semi-tough train-" I was interrupted.

"Psh... Semi-tough?! They made you go through hell and back. How can you still tolerate them? I can barely tolerate my parents and they weren't half as bad as yours." Killua complains to me. I bop him on the head and continue.

"Anyways. They put me through enough training to where I can endure just about anything. They then partnered me up with Killua, because I guess I needed some communication skills. I ended up becoming acquaintances with his family, and then Killua convinced me to go take the exam with him. I'm already worried about what they'll do when I get back." I shudder.

"You had 0 communication skills. I thought she couldn't speak for like 2 days. They wanted us to bond before we went on any missions." Killua laughed, and I cringed thinking about my first impression. It really was that bad.

"They sound... different!" Gon responds, trying to make good of what I told him. I couldn't help but sigh. At least he isn't as blunt as others.

________________________________________________________________________________(808 Words)

I'm sorry about the small chapter. I will be trying harder to get this complete. I've been swamped with school, and I had like no time to write 😪. I hope to hear from you guys in the future, and I'll have the next chapter out ASAP!!! Bye guys!