Chapter 22-The Portal

***

All of Troy's population seemed to have died. Most of them were probably killed by the dragon, but if there was anyone left that escaped the dragon's fire, these people would've been killed by Megumin's explosion.

The dragon was also caught in the explosion, but it's corpse was nowhere to be found. After the fire died down, the roman army moved into the ruins and they were given orders to slay anything that might still be alive there. King Dimitry wanted to make an example out of anyone that might mess with him.

And Troy was powerful. Probably the most powerful. Many came to trade there and many supported it or put their hopes in it. Nothing seemed to be able to destroy it and yet here it is: a smoldering ruin with thousands dead inside of it. The price for Cornelius' blood shed inside it's walls is now paid.

"Are you sad, Y/n?" Megumin asked me

We were now both resting beside each other under a tree somewhere outside of the roman camp. My mind was drifting.

"No, I'm just exhausted." I moved my hand on hers. "Come here."

I took her in my arms as if to make sure nobody would snatch her away from me.

Although I am exhausted, I missed her touch a lot.

Megumin ran her fingers through my hair.

"Your hair is still wet." she said. "Don't you fear catching a cold?"

After escaping from the burning town I was dirty. I had some ash and blood on me, not to mention portions of my clothes were burnt or torn. I had my wounds bandaged and I took a bath.

Although something tells me that if I were to somehow wound up unconscious, Megumin might've given me a bath again. Not that I would've minded that.

"Catch a cold in the summer? Don't be silly, Megumin. Besides, would you have enjoyed me covering you in blood and ash right now?"

The very fact that she bathed me once aroused me, but I had to keep my personal knowledge of that deed a secret. I had to not let myself get driven by my lust again.

 "What's on your throat?" Megumin asked

She moved her hand to my throat gently rubbing it.

"I did go through a whole lot during these last few days" I told her.

"I could've sworn your voice had gotten deeper, but now that I see you have got your throat slit... But it looks so cool!" 

Megumin rested her head on my shoulder. I gave her a kiss on the forehead. Megumin took my hand and led it underneath her robe. I was surprised by that.

"Go on." she urged me

I moved my hand on the bandages that were covering her small breasts.  She let out a cute squeak of surprise seeing my lack of hesitation.

"Is that what you want to show me, that you've grown a little?" I asked her

Blushing Megumin nodded.

Then I moved my hand downwards and I tickled her a little on the area of her lower ribs. That made her giggle a little. Her skin felt really smooth under the touch of my fingers.

But after that I got my hand out.

"I'll go further than that after I get your parents' approval." I told her. "Theophilus is with us now, he can lead us to the Portal."

That is if that Portal leads to her world at all.

"My parents..." Megumin sighed. "You'll have to look or be rich in order to get their approval."