12-Darkness

~Riku~
Sometimes darkness is your best friend.

I swiftly crept into the pitch black building, Lucario following close behind, sniffing for any sign of a guard Pokémon. None. I was walking along a balcony inside a shop. Over looking the main floor. Down below there were racks full of bikes of all colours and sizes. I had my crossbow slung over my shoulder, a bolt loaded but the string wasn't pulled back. Twenty minutes before, I had let myself in to Asuna's house and taken a Eotech sight for my bow. I hadn't had time to attach it and so I felt it resting in my pocket. If I had to take anyone out, something which I hoped not to do, I would have to do it with just the top rail as a sight.

I heard Lucario suddenly stop behind me. From the dim light I could see she had her ears pricked up and she was looking around. Searching for something. I removed my crossbow from my shoulder and pressed the buttstock against me.

I heard a scratching at the French Glass doors at the front of the shop. A Ratata pawed against the glass. Fuck's sake.

Lucario and I carried on through the pitch black shop. Being used to hunting Hoothoots in the dark I could see pretty easily. We crept down the stairs from the balcony overlooking the shop floor and began to rummage around the shop's products.

Bikes.

I needed one to get to Lavender Town. Find Asuna and fuck shit up. I found a bike that looked pretty cool. Grey with black lines running down the length of the frame. This was how we get out. I loaded my crossbow and aimed it at the glass facade of the shop front.

"Let's go Lucario." I whispered. I shot a bolt. Sending it into the glass and shattering it into millions of pieces. I swiftly swung my leg over the bike and peddled for my life, Lucario following close behind.