17-Time

~Asuna~

I jumped up, immediately running to the bars of my cell. "Riku! Why are you locked up too?"

"Tried sneaking in didn't I? Then I just got fucked up by a guard. Here now." Riku replied.

I stood at the bars. Breathing heavily. The low light of the corridor didn't let me see Riku. He had come back for me.

~Riku~
I sat on my cell bed. I heard Asuna get up. I ignored it. She most likely wanted to talk more. I didn't. Escape was the only thing that was on my mind. I could probably grab a guard's keys or gun or something like that. Simple enough plan right?
Lucario whined next to me.
"Oh my god, they let you keep Lucario too!" Asuna called. I didn't answer.
I lay back on my bed. Waiting for another exited comment from Asuna. None came.

I awoke in a world of nothing. Well, almost nothing. One man stood in a sea of darkness. I stood opposite him, separated by a few meters. He briefly stared at me before beginning.
"Time, Riku? Is it really that time? After all. How will you? You've come so far, but is it now that time?"
I tried to reply. Tried to force some sort of response from my lungs. None came. I just stood there. Staring at this man.
"You know I'm not lying Riku. Time, is a destroyer. Look around you? Is not what you see the result of time? The blackness. The darkness. The unknown. Is this not just a product of time?"