Difference in Opinion:

Ship: Logicality
Genre: Angst
TW's: Depression, Anxiety, suicide attempt, comfort.

Patton had been scared for his and Logan's relationship whenever they would have minor disagreements, so it would come as no surprise that he would be absolutely terrified when there arose a political dispute over which side should rule over the imagination now that Thomas was embracing his flaws as well as his good parts, his dirty thoughts as well as his child friendly ones.
Patton thought the whole "political dispute" thing was a bunch of hooey and that if the imagination was going to become a whole, then perhaps Roman and Remus would need to get along better and rule as brothers.
Logan, however, disliked the idea, stating that if Remus was given free reign of the imagination as Roman was, who was to stop him from doing something terrible when it was least expected. He thought that even though Remus had no power over Thomas or his decisions, something awful could end up happening to one of the sides if they didn't keep him in check- one of the sides, specifically the moral side.
Patton's existence as well as Virgil's are what keep Remus' suggestions being viewed by Thomas as wrong and dangerous to himself. If Remus really wanted to be in control, a smart move would be to cozy up to his enemies, make it seem like he could be trusted, then when their guard is down, shatter their logos and take control of Thomas' Mindscape by force.

Patton knew that Logan was rather... extreme with his negative reactions, and his negative reactions (as well as Thomas') to differences in political opinions were no exception. If anything, the risk of ruining a relationship with him over something so stupid, so pointless, was dangerously high. That's why Patton had his logo in his hands, threatening to shatter it and end his own existence whilst Logan tried desperately to talk him out of it.
"Patton, please, put your logo back on-"
"I DON'T WANNA BE ALONE AGAIN!!!" Patton screamed, "I FINALLY HAVE YOU BACK, I'M ON SPEAKING TERMS WITH VIRGIL AGAIN, AND ROMAN IS OKAY WITH ME NOW, AND I DON'T WANT TO LOSE THAT OVER SOMETHING SO STUPID!!!"
Logan's logo pulsed with enough cortisol to catch Virgil's attention as the emo burst into the room.
"Logan what's-DAD!!!" Virgil was frozen, he felt helpless staring at Patton. The moral side's eyes were wild and tears streamed from them constantly.
Logan took a deep breath.
"Do you really want to do that?" Logan asked, "You just- You would rather kill yourself over something so, as you refer to it, stupid, than to wait for my response. For the record, I would rather Remus not rule alongside Roman because I fear he would use the freedom to kill you and Virgil once you let your guard down. Patton, I don't want to lose you, none of us do. I'm not going to leave you, nor am I going to despise you. I left you alone once before, I will not repeat that error. I love you, Patton, and no amount of differences in political opinions will change that. I love you for who you are, not who you want in office."
Patton's hands were shaky as he watched Logan slowly approach, holding his hand out for Patton to place his logo.
"Give it here, please," Logan pleaded as calmly as he could, "Don't leave me..."

Virgil was able to breathe again as he watched Patton hesitantly give Logan his logo. Patton collapsed to the ground crying and Logan kneeled down next to him, holding him close and petting his hair.
Virgil finally managed to take a shaky step toward his adopted parents, falling down on his hands and knees and slowly crawling forward.
"M-...Mom?" The emo asked quietly, "I-Is Dad gonna be... o-okay? Is there... anything I can do?"
Logan looked at Virgil and nodded.
"Yes, there is," The logical trait said, "You can come closer, hold your father's hand, and tell him how much he truly means to you. He is in a very fragile state right now, and we need to be gentle with him."
Virgil nodded, taking Patton's hand in his and running his thumb over Patton's knuckles.
Logan pressed a series of gentle kisses to Patton's head, assuring him that he wasn't going anywhere and neither was Virgil.
Patton was not alone.

The End.