Final truth

Aubree POV

It may seem crazy but Jay told me that those two gunshots were nothing to him. He just lied to Mariah so, he could face the Unknown Caller guy by himself. My wrists are hurting, my body is sore, and everything is going truly at an unfair pace. Mariah is a strong person... I wished she is happy to have friends.

Meeting everybody was not what I expected. I was planning to solve the cases myself. Instead, I wasn't the only one that noticed the problems happening in the school. I'm super grateful for meeting them all. Despite our relationship, we get along great. The problem is my heart is going crazy.

I don't know who I like...Jay is the cute and peculiar guy I ever met. However, Rowina is the bold and socially girly kind of gal I ever met. These two are on my mind a lot. These are random thoughts... I'll deal with that soon.

I went to Dale's room with Mariah. He looks horrifically near death. No joke there. Rowina was there with red eyes. She must've cried these past few hours. I feel bad for her. I hate seeing her like this. My blood boiled seeing her and Dale hurt like this.

"Mariah. I'm fine. The one who is hurt is Jay...he lied so that he could face the Unknown Caller guy himself," I said.

"Oh, Aubree. I was so scared! I thought something would happen to you... I'm upset he lied to me like that...How could he even survive those bullets?" Mariah ramble and sighs.

I looked at Rowina and quickly went to hug her. Mariah was uneasy for some reason. Dale is still asleep from the surgery.

"Aubree..." Rowina muttered fearfully. "I thought I'd never see you again... I thought you died... I don't lose you or anyone else!"

I blush dark, staring straight into her eyes smiling, "I'm not hurt. Jay is. He's very brave for facing the Caller guy himself. I'm really glad you're okay, Rowina. I miss you."

Rowina flushed when I said that. I have a feeling she's mutual about our feelings for each other... hopefully.

"I like you, Rowina," Mariah stated. "It's fine if you like someone else... I'm just tired of hiding my thoughts.."

I'm confused! When?! Like girl spill! Rowina went red again. She's easily flustered for some reason. I find it adorable.

"I didn't know you liked me..." Rowina replied shyly with and confused expression. "I don't mean to be rude but I like Aubree. You've been an amazing friend Mariah... I couldn't tell. I'm sorry."

Mariah shed a tear and smile warmly. She didn't say anything but left outside the lobby room. I feel horrible hearing that... I can't believe Rowina likes me. This is a crazy feeling!

"Rowina, I-I don't know when we started to become closer... I'm so happy to meet you despite the mistakes you made being with that Unknown Caller guy!" I confessed. "You're so patient with me. I feel safe with you..."

"Aubree..." Rowina replied fast, blushing. "You have no idea how long I wanted to hear that! Out of everyone in the whole school you made me feel like myself. I feel important. I'm more than just some rich pretty girl."

I didn't know she feels so much for me... it's so unreal. I want to kiss her so much! I've been holding back because of the others. Don't tell anyone that! My heart is about to burst. It's now or never!

"You and I are more than friends! I couldn't help but say--"

I run towards Rowina, pulling her into a deep and passionate kiss. I cup her face furthermore running through her blonde strands of hair. She held my waist close to her, our kiss was long and warm. My face is burning up into a tomato, I can feel our heartbeat in sync.