Inquiry

...

Day:16

...

5:10 pm

...

No one POV

Privately discussing, the trio were hanging out at Aubree's house. It was difficult back at Rowina's and Mariah's homes. Lists of ideas, they wrote down the important ones for tonight's investigation. Aubree connected the plans like an interface. The other pair describe more in detail each step.

"When night comes, let's go to the back again," Rowina said proudly. She gestured and told. "Be more careful to not get hurt this time." They all nodded solemnly in agreement.

"I agree with you Rowina," Aubree replied bluntly. Crossing her arms with a glare. "Provide more first-aid kit, things are going to get crazy." She then smirked, signaling a gun to her head.

Mariah and Rowina were startled but nodded in response. Everyone has a responsibility in the investigation, Aubree was the leader who guides the case, Rowina was the analyzer who takes evidence, and Mariah was the healer who gets everyone to safety as she heals them. Getting their plan written down, Rowina created outfits for the three to wear for the investigation.

Each is distinctively designed. they placed them on the bed to dress later. Mariah suggested a break, drank water, and ate snacks as they relaxed. A couple of horror movies, Aubree wasn't affected by them as much.

The other two were screaming and hugging each other every second. Time passes, and they are dinner with Aubree's family. Mr. and Mrs. Bell were talkative as they were louder than Aubree. Awkward as it seems, they hurriedly finished their plates, washed them, and resume their day.

Aubree POV:

It was time to go, we wore what Rowina made for us for the investigation. Covered in all black with unique fashions, I loved it very much. Gathering our items, we left the house swiftly. In less than twenty minutes, we got to school as easy as that. I kicked the door open, and we all walked inside the hall of emptiness.

Silent like a cemetery, we turned on our flashlights blazing beyond the corridor of night. I walked at a steady pace to let the other two catch up. Mariah told us about her math class earlier today. Suspiciously improbable, the door to the classroom is wide open.

Strange as it appears, there was a lot of evidence of the missing student everywhere. Scattered in different corners, I saw her student ID card and backpack. I dug through to see her textbooks with other things with them. I was surprised to see such pieces of evidence out in the open.

"Is someone leaving the evidence behind for us?" Rowina questioned curiously. We all stop to look at each other, I looked at her. "Let's collect these and continue," I responded. Rowina had her latest homework and assignment while, Mariah, was holding her phone which still has a battery.

...

8:25 pm

...

The quiet atmosphere continues, and we went inside the teacher's room. Lights were flickering, water dripping, and footsteps walking nonstop. Gathering courage, I stepped inside first. The other two followed slowly behind me in the night.

That's when I saw Vivan's body. Lying there, lifeless. Rowina looked away, and Mariah and I kept staring at her corpse. Mariah is always the one who examines corpses, it creeps me out. However, I wander around the unknown, holding my flashlight tightly.