No chances

During the incident

Colten POV

Tick tock tick tock. Hot weather today I assume. Running late on my morning breakfast, I gather strength to strut myself through this vexatious sidewalk. Always full of demented bodies in the daytime geez.

It's still early, just a few steps more. Huh? Winston? What is he doing here during this hour of the day? Eccentric honestly.

"Watch where you're going!"

"I'm sorry!" Winston answered softly. "I-I will get my paper quickly!"

I didn't hassle to listen to this anymore. I'm famishing so bye--

CRASH

"Ahhh!!" An old lady screamed.

I turned around fast and saw him already still in a second. He was breathing a minute ago. What just happened really?

His body is messed up, bleeding a lot, and yet so pitiful. Brushing through his hair, glimpsing at his face then to lips.

Why did you have to die? You're not allowed to disappear! Ugh! Such feelings can't always be returned anyways! I hate you for dying.

This is harsh but I leaned over softly pecking his adorable lips. Winston was moving a bit.

He can't be alive from that hit!

"...Colten?" Winston utters in embarrassment. Flushing red like an obvious girl being asked out. Ha, how cute.

"Winston-" I spoke. "I want to tell you--that I-I like you a lot more than nerd rivals."

Winston tears dropped beholding such a gorgeous expression of his. I held him gently. Still in pain, as I can tell.

"Don't die on me you fool!"

He laughed and said "I was sleeping, so don't worry. Also, I like you a lot more~" Pulled me closer for a kiss.

Is this a good time to cry? I'm the only one witnessing his death and confession. I absolutely love him!

"..."

"Winston?"

Damn. He just died. Wait! Was that our goodbye kiss? This is unreasonably frustrating! How can he leave me wanting him more than before? I want to stay with you forever and always. I'll come back to you after breakfast. I'm sorry for not being a better friend and rival. I'll remember your words. Surely, no one saw us. I carried on acting as if nothing happened with me. That's right, you didn't kiss anyone. Ahem.

My nerd 'friends' were laughing at me. I have no idea, just want my food already. A few minutes later, by the usual nerds eating table.

"Where's Winston? Why are you quiet?" A minion of mine said.

"Died," I replied bluntly. Continued eating my delicious breakfast.

The whole room went silent.

"Winston died?!"

"I saw it. With my own eyes."