Unexpected

...

Day: 17

...

9:25 p.m.

...

No one POV

Moment of truth, they were about to reveal themselves to the girls.

"My name is Dale," he said finally. "It's a pleasure to meet you, ladies." He bows, before explaining himself to them. The most shocked person was Rowina. Unprepared, she sat down before their eyes met.

"Dale?" Is that you?" Rowina asked. "Are you sure you're not some imposter Dale?" She continued with questions. He didn't seem to respond, rather than smile.

Bewildered and happy, she saw his nod signaling 'yes'. Sincerely, she then hugged Dale with happiness. Never so glad, Rowina lets go and hugs again tightly.

"Who are you?" Dale questioned.

"Rowina Darrell," Rowina replied confidently.

"Rowina...for real?!"

"Yes!"

After many years apart, the two reconnected. The situation perplexed Aubree and Mariah. While Rowina and Dale continued to converse, smile, and hold one other. It was the happiest time in their lives.

"I had missed you so much, Dale!" Rowina sobbed. "Do you know that?" she asked again, her tears falling like rain. Dale was silent for a while. He had a sad expression on his face, as though seeing his first friend wounded him.

"I thought you didn't want to be my friend anymore since you stopped talking to me!" she pouted. As she expresses herself, she wipes her tears. "I texted you and called you several times!" I can't even keep track!" She finishes her speech and continues to weep in disappointment.

"Rowina..." Dale reassured her tenderly. "I'm sorry for not contacting you even though you knew how I felt-" he adds, embracing Rowina close.

Aubree exchanged glances with Mariah, they know that they should give them space. Abruptly, the culprit kicked down the door, without caution. Everyone got together and close to each other.

Aubree POV

A smoke bomb was launched, it was impossible to see the culprit anywhere. That's when I heard Rowina scream.  A minute or so flew, everything was a disaster.

"Dale! Are you okay?!" Rowina panicked. She called Mariah to treat him. He got stabbed in the stomach, she was trying her best to wrap it. Bleeding continues, and they were beginning to worry.

"Catch the culprit, girls!" Dale said. "I'll slow you down." Rowina was still crying, holding his hand as she bit her lips. I decided to follow the culprit myself. the others should stay with Dale here.

"'I'll go," I insisted. They looked at me with concerned expressions. I didn't hesitate, I ran after them for hurting Dale. Seeing how close Rowina and Dale are, made me have unfamiliar feelings. I couldn't help but wonder what kind of connections they have.

Lost in thoughts, I was hit by the culprit out of nowhere. Losing my stability, and standing up was tough than I thought. "It's too late,  Aubree," they spoke coldly. "The answer is nowhere. You either give up and go back to your worthless friends. Or fight me and end your life here." I saw their eyes, shining in the small light from a reflecting window.

"I'll fight you. I can't go back after what you did  to my friend!" I yelled furiously. "You'll regret this-" they replied.

"Take this!" I launched a high kick at them before saying anything else. They dodged my kick and punched me back instead.