Chapter 11 - Police Station

"Se Ri?!"

With the CCTV situated right above the wall, the lady is facing, I know for sure that it is her. But why is she here? She woke up really early for her job interview and that's what her note said, right? So how on earth is she doing in a police station along with a bunch of girls busted in the anti-prostitution operation?

I scoot closer to the monitor and try to figure out what's happening. Unlike the other girls, she did not put anything to hide her face. I mean, it's normal for anyone who has been caught in an embarrassing situation like this to cover her face. Anytime now, the Media (newspaper outlet/radio/tv network) will arrive to report the successful operation. You won't want your face to be plastered anywhere.

The door of the room opens and I jerk up to meet the officers coming in. The young police officer a while ago, Kwang Beom, is with two young police officers who have just arrived from the operation.

"Assistant Policeman Kim Ju Meok, at your service, Sir!"

"Assistant Policeman Geum Eun Dong, at your service, Sir!"

I salute back and glance at the monitor again briefly. When I look back at them, I am surprised to see Ju Meok over my shoulder already. He looks at me with eyes full of amazement as he studies my physique. Looking at my thighs, my arms, my back, my chest, and then at my face. He also raises a hand to check my height.

"Wow! So the movies aren't wrong after all! Seoul detectives are really charismatic and powerfully built!" His eyes twinkling with admiration.

I could only give a slight shake of my head. No. Not all Seoul detectives are charismatic and have great built. But of course, they are physically fit.

"Seoul detectives are also known to be charming with women. Do you have women around you too? How many?"

"Officer Ju Meok!" Kwang Beom butts in.

"I'm sorry! I'm just so excited to meet a Seoul detective," Ju Meok apologizes, still giggling, then he goes back to his position, next to them.

I clear my throat and said it's alright. Then I turn my attention to the monitor once again.

"Are these women from the SPA you raided?" I ask.

"Yes, Sir. It looked like a small SPA but there are actually many rooms inside. We got around sixteen girls. Aigoo! How could the people they live with, let them do that kind of job?" Ju Meok replies, shaking his head. The same thing I said a while ago. I clear my throat again and think of Se Ri.

"What about her?" I point at the screen.

"Ah, she's one of them too," Ju Meok replies nonchalantly.

"But, I don't think she's one of them though," Eun Dong muses.

"Yes. She's not one of them," I say in affirmation to what Eun Dong said, a comment that makes them stare at me curiously. Without explaining further, I tell them to get her out there and take her into the room. They follow immediately even though they are confused.

I watch them approach Se Ri from the monitor but it seems that Se Ri refuses to come with them. Based on her hand movements, she and Detective Pyo are having an unpleasant conversation. When Ju Meok and Eun Dong arrive back, they tell me that Se Ri refuses to come, she thinks that they would put her in a room and do something inappropriate to her. I huff sharply and go out of the room myself. Risking my appearance. I put on a white mask and wore my cap.

Ye Jin is exclaiming when I get inside the office.

"Why should I hide my face? I didn't do anything wrong!" I hear her say.