Chapter 33 - Serial Killer?

"I didn't pay for such a cringing performance today."

I complain as I fumble over the first aid kit on the table, looking for pain relief essential oil.

"I want to eat peacefully, you know," I continue saying. Trying to sound like 'I'm doing this not for you but for my own sake.'

He is visibly befuddled with my grumblings and tells me to just sit down and eat.

"The soup will get cold," he reasons out.

"We can heat it later and it'll be warm again, unlike your body pain which will worsen every second that will pass," I snap back.

"I see. A nurse at work."

"You can say it that way."

The 'wonder' green serum finally shows up and I walk towards Jeong Hyeok, stopping at the back of his chair.

"I think I can do it myself."

He tries to stand up but I interrupted him, pushing his shoulders down gently as I can.

"Just sit still and take off your shirt."

He looks up at me with burrowed eyebrows.

"Hey! Don't think anything else! How can I spread the essential oil on your back if you're wearing a shirt."

He doesn't move for a moment and buries his eyes on mine as if digging a hole in the middle of my forehead. It's almost like asking if I'm still drunk or what?

I roll my eyes and raise my hands explaining:

"Oh come on, quick! I have seen a lot of bodies in my 10 years being a nurse, you know. I've seen thin and fat. Tiny and huge. I've seen-"

Before I can even finish my sentence, he has already removed his shirt. He inches a little forward to the table so that his back is farther from the backrest of the chair. Exposing to me his broad shoulders and back.

"-lean, well-toned trunks that girls would swoon ov-"

I have to slap my hand to stop myself from blabbering and embarrassing myself. But who wouldn't? I'm staring straight at a body you can only see in famous BAZAAR or MEN'S HEALTH magazines! Chris Hemsworth- like!

Jeong Hyeok has such a good physique and I know that since Day 1. But seeing what's inside those shirts and jackets the nurses are swooning over is mouth-

"Water-"

"Huh?"

He looks up at me and I gulp down from embarrassment. If I could only see myself right now, I'm sure I look so flushed!

"Water. You should drink water. A hydrated and soft muscle is easier to massage."

Well, that is true. It's advisable. And drinking after the massage is a good way to remove the soreness. Not that it's a ritual one should do before the massage though.

I just needed an excuse.

I lather the oil on my palms and place them on the pad of his shoulders. He has shoulders fangirls call titanic for their broadness and a back that looks as sturdy as the great wall of China. I ask him to take three deep breaths. Checking his breathing by breathing along with him to make sure he is feeling relaxed and comfortable.

Which I fail to do so... for I think my breathing is more abnormal than his. This is bad!

'Focus, Se Ri!'

It feels like a whole ninety-minute massage session when I finish, finally. The ten-year experience I had vanished in thin air under my trembling hands and palpitating heart.