𝗌𝗇𝖺𝗉 𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝗂𝗍

short one-shot

(F/F) = Favorite Flower

(manga = kimetsu no yaiba)

Raindrops were falling from the sky, it was getting dark. Though somehow it didn't stop the two lovers from going to their destination.

It was a Garden, not just any garden though. It held many memories. You met there, shared your first kiss there, and Ray proposed to you there.

Many black butterflies were fluttering around as you were walking the path with Ray "[ Name ], be careful. You will slip and fall if you run that fast." he scolded as his grip tighten on your hand.

You were only able chuckle at that, you soon stopped walking; upon seeing a bridge "Did they build a new bridge?" He observed the bridge in front of him but then he realized that it wasn't just a bridge to nowhere. In front of the bridge is another garden filled with
(F/F).

He turned to look at you, you were looking at the (F/F) garden with an astonished expression "Look, there's a lot of (F/F) there! Can I grab some?" The voices in his head told him to decline the request, he hesitated.

Though, upon looking at your face he couldn't bring himself to decline. He slowly nodded at your request 'b̶a̶d̶ c̶h̶o̶i̶c̶e̶ ' the voice mumbled "Just don't get lost." he added, making your lips curl up at his request "I won't! I promise I'll be back." his grip on your hand loosened.

He watched you cross the bridge with a blurry vision, then it was all black. He couldn't see anything else. He couldn't hear anything, he kept calling out your name, but there was.. nothing.

He felt his body collapse on something, he didn't care what it was, whether it was shards of glass or a pool of pins. He suddenly heard someone call out his name.

He jolted up seeing his best friend's faces "Ray! Are you okay? You were screaming and crying." he looked at his surroundings and desperately tried to look for your figure. He noticed that he was still in the garden "Where's [ Name ]?! I have to look for them." he tried to stand up, but failed due to a hand pulling him down.

"Ray, calm yourself down." His pupils widen at Norman's request "[ Name ] can be lost in the middle of nowhere, do you think I can be calm about this?!" Ray gripped on both of Norman's arms, digging his nails onto Norman's skin.

Instead of paying attention to the pain, Norman looked at Ray worriedly while Emma simply looked down at the grass, not wanting to gaze into Ray's eyes.

"Ray, I don't know how to tell you this but.. [ Name ] passed away, two years ago." Realization suddenly hit him, quite hard. He let go of Norman's arm, mumbling an apology. Emma wanted to talk to him about it, luckily Norman stopped her from doing so, knowing full on well what Ray is going through.

Ray left the garden with a different emotion than the other ones he felt while visiting it. When he visited it with you, he simply doesn't care about his own emotions because he was busy paying attention to yours; however for the first time he is paying attention to his own emotions.

He felt loneliness, sadness, and other negative emotions. Perhaps he was missing you more than he thought.

author's note

so from what I searched, black butterflies resemble death so I added that, and also a bridge symbolizes traveling and transition from one state to another, or from one 'world' to another. It's a symbolization from japan if you didn't know