𝗉𝗁𝗈𝗌𝗉𝗁𝗈𝗉𝗒𝗅𝗅𝗂𝗍𝖾

this was requested! (I cannot tag them😪), when I first read the prompt I immediately thought of phosphopyllite/phos from houseki no kuni, so that explains the title ^^

!normal orphanage AU!

(manga = houseki no kuni)

"[ Name ]! It's finally spring, aren't you excited to play?!"

Spring.. is indeed a lovely season, but what is the purpose of having such a lovely season, when you can't even feel it? Those words, those negative thoughts always lingers in your mind. Is that something selfish to think about? Maybe.

You were a fragile one, it's what they always say. It's a fact but.. you couldn't accept it, so you did something you half-regretted till this day.

"Mama.. can I go play with the others?" Isabella sighs as she gave you a pitying look, she carefully sat down at the edge of the bed "You know you can't, right?"

"But, Mama.. Please? It's spring and my condition is getting better don't you think? I'll be careful, I promise." Isabella felt like you had the right to want to go outside, but it was far too dangerous for you. It would only damage you more.

You looked at her with tears brimming at the corner of your eyes, and she simply couldn't resist anymore "Okay, but promise you'll be careful." your eyes lighted up by her respond.

You instantly jump up into her embrace, she luckily was able to catch you in her arms "[ Name ]! That was quite dangerous.." you mumbled multiple 'thank you' to her while your cheeks were already stained with tears. You felt her caressing your tear-stained cheek, her smile remained as graceful as ever; however in the inside she truly couldn't help but grin, she felt delighted by how happy you were.

Basically, she was happy that you were happy.

________

After years of trying convince her, you finally did it. It was hard to convince her; even so you managed to convince her which was good but, you knew she was only pitying you; nevertheless you were satisfied.

After you went to the bathroom to get yourself together, you went out to the field "Emma, Norman! I'm joining today's game." They looked at you excitedly, it had been a long time since you've joined a game of tag with them.

"Okay well since you haven't played in a long time, how about you become the tagger?" Norman suggested which you instantly agreed to. You turned around, signaling for everyone to run away and hide. You began counting.. 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

You sprinted towards the forest right way, hearing some footsteps near by. You silenced your footing and basically hugged the person till they are out of the bush.

"WAH! Awh.. I didn't think you would catch me." You chuckled letting go off Yvette, meanwhile she ran off to the field to go and wait for the others to be catched.

You began looking for the rest when suddenly, you began to feel very lightheaded, your hearing began fading out as your field of vision starts to blacken out, your skin felt cold, and unfortunately, the last thing you remembered was a pool of black hair running towards you.

________

As you start opening your eyeslids; you felt a warm sensation on your hand. Realization struck you and it turns out a certain someone was holding your hand tightly.

"You.. finally awake?" The corner of your lips instantly curled up at hearing his voice.

"Yeah I'm fine, don't worry." He furrowed his brows "How could I not be worried?" he wasn't showing any signs of worry yet he was relieved that you were fine.

Seeing him angry and worried made you feel guilty, somehow. He must've been so worried "Sorry, I- ..shouldn't have insisted on going outside.. knowing how dangerous it can be.." your lips quivered at each words falling out of your mouth.

Without realizing it, tears was soon falling down onto the bedsheets "Sorry.. I--" he put his finger up against your lips. Without saying anything, he wrapped his arms around your back "I'm not mad, just worried. Though in the end, I'm glad you're okay." he drew circles on your back, letting you bury your head in his shoulder.

"Apart of it was our fault, we shouldn't have.. asked you to join us and -I should've stayed with you." He sighed, patting your head gently.

He stayed with you through Isabella's scolding and through your healing process, and well through it all he's still holding onto your hand. Now you were used to Ray holding your hand.

Luckily he wasn't able to see your flushed face when he intertwined your fingers with his for the first time, otherwise he would've teased the hell out of you. Maybe.. it isn't so bad being fragile; is what you thought after this half-regretted incident.

author's note
Sorry if this was short, and sorry for slow updates. I've been really busy with school and yes I am not dead,, 🌚