𝗀𝗈𝗈𝖽𝖻𝗒𝖾, 𝗆𝗒 𝖽𝖺𝗇𝗂𝗌𝗁 𝗌𝗐𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍

!forget me not disease AU!

The victim watches as the person they're in love with falls for someone else, they slowly begin losing their memories about them.

It begins with small things like their birthday, favorite color and progresses quickly.

As their memories disappear their health deteriorates, and the final stage before death is loss of memory of the other at all.

(o1kawasgirlfriends made this on tiktok, credits to them.)

(manga = chainsaw man)

You watched as Ray wad wholeheartedly laughing along with his colleagues; though you weren't fond of alcohol something about.. these gestures he gave her made you drink, you also couldn't help but notice the longing stare he gave at one of his female colleagues.

The more you stare at his flirty gestures, the more your mood decreases. The worst part is that he insisted on you going with him to the party; yet here you are, thrown aside at the drink section.

You put down the wine glass and began walking to the elevator; upon entering, you immediately noticed a presence beside you "[ Name ] are you gonna leave early?" you managed to focus on the person's face, it was Gilda.

You gave her a quick nod and presses the button to go to the lobby "You mentioned you weren't too fond of alcohol, right?" you chuckled, giving her an awkward thumbs-up "You too, right?" the words slurred out of your lips. She nods, giving you a worried glance; though she does not question where Ray was.

"Do you need a ride? I'm completely sober, and I think it's better if I drive you home instead of you getting a cab." You thanked her for the offer and accepted; immediately passing out upon entering the vehicle.

__________________

It was noon already, yet you have only just woken up and better yet, with a headache.

You sat up and noticed the left side of the bed was empty; typical of Ray, it was already rare for you to see him in the morning and you expected him to wake up beside you? It was truly pitying everyone to see you in this state; nevertheless, you couldn't expect too much from an arranged marriage and a one-sided love.

You took some painkillers and did your daily routine, though something was missing and you can't help but feel it all the time when doing things around the house. You brushed it off and only thought of it as a minor inconvenience 'We have our doubts and worries all the time it's normal.' 

It was quite worrying because it's not just today that you had a headache; the days before this little fiasco, you already had multiple headaches which resulted in constant tiredness and.. forgetting important stuff which is constantly being reminded by your phone notifications.

That kept going on for months, and it was on one of those days that you decided to hang out with Norman and Emma. It didn't turn out the way you wanted it to, you thought it was just going to be like every other day; honestly, you surely didn't plan to lay unconscious on this hospital bed.

"Norman! ...Are they gonna be okay?" Emma cried out with worry laced in her voice, Norman didn't immediately respond; he only stared at your face and stayed quiet.

They were both anxiously waiting for you to wake up. It was 01.17 when you slowly opened your eyelids; quietly checking your surroundings.

You wanted to talk out loud; unfortunately, your throat didn't like the idea since it felt very dry after 9 hours of sleep so you had to grumble your words out "Where am I..?" you asked with a low and groggy voice. There was a sound of a beep from somewhere, which you brushed off.

Emma obviously couldn't hold herself any longer and jumped on top of you before wrapping her arms around your fragile figure. She poured all her words out while salty tears were also pouring down from her eyes. Norman only sighed and looked down at the ground with guilt, he gave your hand one last squeeze.

"Sorry, we couldn't notice earlier," Norman stated; gently pulling Emma away from your dead body; she objected for a while before agreeing. He grabbed a large cloth and put it over you. Emma could only stand there, sobbing quietly to herself.

You soon realized what was happening.

Upon telling Ray about your passing, he became even more distant to everyone surrounding his life and even broke off his affair. But it was far too late for him to erase his sins. It was far too late for him to reciprocate his feelings to you.

He didn't realize the marriage meant so much to you, yet so little to him. How could he be so blind? How could he not be ashamed? He remembered the endless paragraphs Norman sent him; it was far too humiliating for him to read it. He also remembers the staff banging on his bedroom door, begging for explanations.

The company sales immediately went down; as well as his relationships with other people, it was obvious Ray didn't take care of anything during that time; even himself. He thought about all the sins he's committed. He deserved this, didn't he?

author's note
favorite character from tpn? mine is Ray, Isabella, Oliver, Gillian, and Leslie