𝗂 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗌𝗈, 𝗉𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗌𝖾 𝗅𝖾𝗍 𝗆𝖾 𝗀𝗈

!M Reader! (he/him)

(manga = toilet bound hanako-kun)

It was like an endless blurry loop for him, he had always dreamed of getting you back. But, you aren't back in his embrace.

He wished he could apologize for lashing out at you at your last moment, he wished he could just hold you for the last time.

"R̶a̺͆y͎..? I̸s̶ ㄒꀍḁͦt̾ y͜͡Oȗ̈?"
("Ray..? Is that you?")

He would see your figure in pitch darkness; covered in burn marks from the house's incident and he'd wake up with sweat dripping from his forehead down to his temple.

It was a never-ending dream or rather.. a nightmare.

He woke up and once again, it was, of course, the same nightmare, but somehow something was different in that one particular dream. You were reaching out to him, calling out to him for help.

He did not believe ghosts, spirits, or any type of supernatural stuff, except for demons since he almost got devoured by them.

He just thought it was just a psychological problem. He didn't mean to go into the supernatural direction.. but after thinking it through, he decided he would check every possible thing that could cause that nightmare of his.

He tried, he tried to forget about the incident, and most of all, you. Though it seemed that nothing was gonna make him forget about the incident, so he was gonna take action with his own hands.

But before he did that; he did a bit of research and saw that there was something called a lucid dream. Maybe this was another way he could do it? He wasn't sure yet he assured himself that maybe this was away.

_________________

He went to sleep and as expected; it was another endless dream. He looked around to see if there was anything he could do, only to notice a fire extinguisher. He quickly grabbed it and ran inside the house, frantically looking for you.

He came to a stop when he saw you in the same usual spot, he used the fire extinguisher the best he can and he unbelievably succeed.

He carried your body (in a passed-out state) and ran to the gate; when he saw that the fire was far enough, he carefully settled you down on the grass. Only for you to wake up "..Ray? Is that you?" as the words slipped out of your mouth, he really couldn't believe his eyes. You were here yet.. not here at the same time.

He instantly intertwined his fingers with yours but.. you looked seriously uncomfortable "Ray.. why do you keep doing this?" He looked at you with confusion in his eyes "What do you mean?" confusion was laced in his voice as well.

"You keep summoning me into your dream and putting me in the same horrible situation every time." You cried out.

He widened his eyes, feeling guilty. He didn't even realize he was disturbing you nor did he realize that this was seriously messed up, he was desperate, to say the least; therefore maybe he could just tell you for the last time "I love you."

You slowly unlaced your fingers with his and stood up. Meanwhile, he frantically stood up and looked to where you are walking.

It was.. a bright light.

"[ Name ]  where are you--- going?" He ran after you, only to be stopped by an invisible barrier. He banged on the invisible barrier a couple of times with his bare fist; that didn't have an effect.

Maybe he'll let you go.

Maybe it is time to let you go.