Chapter 12

Thalias Pov:
"where the fuck is veronica and Colby? They've been gone for hours now." I questioned concern lacing my voice.
"I'm not sure hun but ill go check with security to see if they have seen either of them." I replied trying to seem calm so Kat wouldn't feel my nervous energy.

"They both went east towards the exit ma'am." The security guard told me.
"alright thanks"
Why the hell did they go outside? i spoke under my breath.
I made my way outside and tried to call Veronicas phone only to hear her ringtone coming from the bus.
huh, did she go to bed and forget to tell us? I quickly made my way onto the bus but stopped in my tracks when i heard crying.
"Veronica?" i whispered.
No response..
I quietly hurried to the sound of the crying and pulled back the curtain to her bunk and to my surprise there she was but she was asleep, occasionally whimpering from fear and she was with that boy Colby. The sight was adorable yet heartbreaking.

I have known about Veronicas night terrors for a while now and it hurt to see her crying with those thoughts of her childhood running around her mind. However she wasn't screaming this time only crying, which i assumed was because she felt safe with this boy. His arm was tucked underneath her and he was tracing circles on her arm despite him also being asleep. She felt safe and that was enough to know that her feeling of emptiness may slowly be filling with hope.