Chapter Fourteen

Madison's P.O.V

I was woken up by a pair of warm lips on my neck.

"What?" I groaned.

"You dozed off love," Harry said. "You need to get up now or you'll miss the surprise,"

"Okay fine," I said sitting up. "Only because I love you,"

Harry handed me my shirt. "Thank you," he said. "I have something nice planned. I hope you can climb,"

"What?" I asked putting my shirt on.

Harry walked over to the window and popped it open. "It's on the roof," he said and started climbing up.

I shook my head. "My boyfriend's weird," I said and started climbing up to the roof.

"Why do we need to be on the-" I said as I reached the top, but I was cut short by the amazing scene in front of me.

A blanket was spread out on the roof, along with a few others and a bunch of pillows. Little candles were lit and framed the blanket. Then there was Harry. He stood with his back to me, facing the sunset. His lean body was silhouetted by the sun, making him look even more handsome than he already is.

"Oh Harry," I said walking up beside him.

"Do you like it?" he asked looking down at me.

"I love it,"

"Consider this a continuation of our last date, only no gunshots. Hopefully," he said.

I laughed and we both sat down on the blanket. Harry put his arm around me and we both watched the sunset. It was perfect. Once the sun went down, everything became dark, except for our little spot. The little candles gave us enough light to see each other, but kept the mood romantic.

Harry laid us back on the pillows and we both looked up at the sky. It was beautiful. We laid there star gazing together in a comfortable silence.

"Hey Harry," I said turning my head to face him.

"Yeah?" he said turning his head to look at me.

"Why did you join this gang in the first place?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Why did you decide to join a gang?" I asked him again.

He sighed. "It's a long story," he said looking back at the sky.

"I have time," I said and rested my head on his chest.

"I used to get bullied a lot," he said and started playing with my hair. "So much so that I even considered suicide. I can remember the one day that my bullies didn't mess with me. It was a few days after Louis transferred to my school. He was tough, unlike me. Apparently he noticed what was going on and put a stop to it. He came up to me one day and told me I was weak and that if I didn't want to be messed with, I needed to get tough. I stopped caring about other people's feelings. I became emotionless. Louis told me about the gang and I decided to join. It was better than being picked. I became emotionless, as I said before, and that made me lethal. Killing didn't bother me. I was evil,"

"But you aren't now," I said.

"Yeah, because of you," he said. "You probably don't remember, but we've met before, before I kidnapped you,"

I shook my head. "I don't remember,"

He sighed. "Yeah, I figured as much. You were on your way home from a friends house and we bumped into each other. I saw how beautiful you were and how gentle you seemed, like a butterfly. From that day on I couldn't get you out of my head. I wanted you to be with me forever. I then realized you brought back all of my emotions," he took a breath and continued. "That scared me. I thought emotions made me weak. You scared me, but I also was fascinated by you. But I knew one thing, I wanted you. I needed you in my life. The night I whipped you was the hardest night of my life. I hated seeing you in pain, and I never want to see you hurt again. I want to protect you, even if it costs me my life," he finished.

I sat up and looked down at him. "You think loving someone makes you weak?"

He nodded.

"It doesn't. It makes you stronger. It takes guts to open yourself up to someone else and let them into the deepest parts of your mind and soul. If anything, people are afraid to love, because we fear losing it," I said. "It means the world to me that you would let me in. Don't think emotions make you weak, they make you human,"

Harry reached up and brushed my hair behind my ear. "I love you," he whispered. "I love you so much,"

I smiled. "I love you too," I said.

"Come here," he said and pulled me down against his chest. He gently ran his finger through my hair. "We should probably head back inside,"

I nodded against his chest. "Yeah," We both got up and went back into Harry's bedroom.

"We should get something to eat and then head to bed," Harry said.

"Sounds good to me," I said.

We walked out into the hallway. We were about to head downstairs when we both heard a loud sob followed by a groan.

"Louis!"

A/N:

Hi! Thanks for reading, as always. It means so much to me you have no idea. Lots of love! :)