Chapter Twenty Three

Harry's P.O.V

I was devastated. I took all of this harder than I probably should've. After a week of endless waiting for my baby to wake up, she does, but doesn't know who I am. She doesn't remember the gentle embraces we shared, all of our tender moments. What happened the night she was kidnapped by Austin. She doesn't remember any of it. Nothing.

I walked out of my bedroom and slid down the wall next to the door. I pulled my knees up to my chest and angrily pulled my curls. I buried my face in my knees and let out a frustrated sob. I started to cry. Hard. I've only cried one other time in my life and that was the night I told Madison I loved her. And here I am now, sobbing because she can't remember it.

Not only was I crying because Madison couldn't remember, I cried because I knew it was my fault. I forced her into this life. I let this happen. I started this. If it weren't for me, she'd be safe, probably with a job and going to college. I fucked her life up. It's. My. Fault.

I heard footsteps and someone slide down the wall next to me. I didn't lift my head from my knees.

"Harry? Are you okay?" It was Mallori. If anyone saw me like this I'm glad it's her.

I shook my head. "No," I said weakly.

"Niall told us what happen," she said. "I'm so sorry,"

I sniffed and lifted my head. "You shouldn't be. I'm the one who caused this,"

"No you're not," she said. "Austin did and he got what he deserved,"

I looked over at her. "That's not what I mean,"

"Then what do you mean?"

"I mean I'm the one who started this. I kidnapped her. I brought her here," I said. "I'm the one who ruined her life,"

"Harry," she whispered and gently rubbed my back. "You didn't ruin her life. She's happy here, with you. her life isn't miserable,"

I wiped my eyes. "I can't help but feel guilty,"

Mallori sighed. "I guess in a way you deserve to," she said. "I don't mean to be mean, but you did rip her away from her old life,"

I rolled my eyes. "Thanks Mallori," I said sarcastically.

"But she's happy and isn't that all that matters?"

I sighed. "I guess,"

"Stop feeling bad," she said and patted my back. "It's going to be okay,"

"Thank you Mallori," I said.

"Come on, let's get her something to eat, she's probably starving," she said standing up.

I stood up next to her. "Can we not tell the others about me and the crying?" I asked her.

She gave me a sympathetic smile. "You know it's okay to show emotions,"

"Yeah I know," I said. "But I don't want the others to think I've gone soft,"

She giggled. "I won't," she said. "You have my word,"

"Thank you," I said.

~*~

I made Madison some Mac and Cheese and brought it to her. She smiled and ate it hungrily. I would be hungry too if I hadn't eaten in a week. When she had finished, I helped change her gauze and get her comfortable.

"Thank you," she said as I helped her lay back against the soft pillows.

"You're welcome love," I said. "Try to get some rest, it's been a long day,"

She shifted under the covers and shut her eyes. "Goodnight Harry,"

"Goodnight Madison," I said standing up and kissing her forehead. I stood up and opened the bedroom door.

"I love you" I mumble as I walked out.

A/N:

This chapter is really sucky and I'm sorry. I've been distracted lately with school and my mom in the hospital, but I still feel obligated to get something up. Thank you for reading! Lots of love! :)