Sasuke and menma sittin' in a tree

2 weeks later, (no one's pov):

Sasuke one by one learned the akatsuki's members. Their names, their stats, not yet their weaknesses. It was only one akatsuki member who he yet could not figure out was menma. He was like an unsolvable mystery and Sasuke kind of liked it. He practically ignored him every time he tried to interact with him (ironic) and Sasuke had no idea why. He had been assigned to a three-man group with menma and Tobi, Tobi was nothing less than annoying. He reminded Sasuke a bit of naruto and it pissed him off. They had been going around capturing the tailed beast and murdering their jinchuriki. Sasuke and Itachi started building up their bonds once again.

Naruto on the other hand was happy Sasuke had no idea who he was. Before Sasuke had woken up he told all the Akatsuki members to call him menma and not to speak of him being the nine tails jinchuriki. Sasuke only pissed him off now. He is reunited with Itachi and all of a sudden he wants to take on the hidden leaf?? He thought Sasuke needed to stop being an indecisive little bastard and make up his fucking mind.

"We have captured the 7 tails, now we need the 4 tails the 5 tails the 6 tails, 2 tails, 8 tails, and 1 tail." pein announced. "Menma, Sasuke, and Tobi go and capture the 1 tails. Deidara, Hidan and kakazu go and get 2 tails. Itachi, Sasori, Kisame go get 4 tails. We will extract 1 tail and 2 tails at the same time. Then we will do 4 tails"

Everyone scattered to collect the tailed beast they were assigned to.

"Say menma, the one tail's jinchuriki is Gaara of the sand right?" Tobi ran across the trees side-by-side with naruto, a great big smile on his face.

"Correct" menma replied back, the same smile on his face.

"Dont you know Gaara? Are you really okay will killing an old friend"

"Well no not really, but if it gets me closer to destroying the leaf I'm doing everything I can to help the akatsuki" "Gaara would understand. If he was a true friend he would understand his tailed beast is needed for pein."

"Earlier, when pein announced all the tailed beasts we needed, he never mentioned the nine tails. Does that mean you already have him?" Sasuke caught up to the two to talk to menma. Only to be ignored by him.

"Uh yep! We got the nine tails a long time ago!" Tobi replied happily "Tobi thinks it was a bit of a challenge, Naruto uzumaki was a tough opponent. But in the end, his fight was for not"

Thank you, Tobi... Naruto was so happy to have a friend like Tobi, he always helped him in the weirdest situation, like when he had to explain to deidara that he was able to get pregnant because of the kyuubi/kurama. It was a weird conversation and deidara was just amazed that a male was able to give birth.

"I see...:" so naruto is dead then...why does it hurt knowing this? Naruto was never my friend so I dont care..right?

"No matter, it will be ok in the end, it doesn't matter who dies" "just keep your head up and smile! That's Tobi's motto" Tobi stopped and started dancing.

"Thank you, Tobi." Sasuke looked ahead straight at menma who was now ahead of both of them. I'm the last survivor of team 7. Excluding Kakashi of course since he's the team leader

"Wait one-second guys, I gotta take a leak!" Tobi ran somewhere.

"So.. what's your problem?" Sasuke turned to naruto who had taken the liberty to stretch for any upcoming fights.

"My what?" naruto rolled his eyes (but Sasuke couldn't see it, y'know cause of the mask?)

"Your problem, you act like you hate me...I've never gotten more than 16 words out of you. Well, 18 now" "and what's with the hair? You went from black to blonde"