Chapter 12

~Your POV~

We Landed At The Bottom Of The Shaft. Duncan And Isadora Were In A Cage.

"Duncan. Isadora." I Said Joyfully.

"Baudelaires. y/n." Duncan Said. "You Found Us!"

"Can You Pick The Lock?" Klaus Asked Violet.

"Not Without Tools." Violet Replied.

Isadora And Duncan Suggested The Spyglass. They Explained About The Dials. Isadora Handed Violet A Half A Spyglass.

~Count Olaf POV~

Esme And I Dragged Jerome To 667 Dark Avenue. The Doorman Stopped Us.

"Excuse Me?" He Asked.

"It's Just Foreigner And Pretty Lady Carrying Pretty Lady's Unconscious Husband." I Said.

I Stopped To Talk To Him As Esme Took Jerome Upstairs.

~Your POV~

Violet Turned Off The Spyglass. We Fell Fast. Klaus Screamed And Grabbed My Hand Quickly. Violet Turned The Spyglass Back On. We Started Rising Again. Klaus Slowly Stopped Screaming.

"You Okay?" I Laughed At Klaus.

He Stayed Quiet.

"Can I Have My Hand Back?" I Asked.

"O-Oh. S-Sorry!" He Said, Letting Go Of My Hand And Violet Smiled.

The Balloon Burst And We Fell Again. Just Barely Catching The Ledge Of The Elevator. As We Climbed Up, Esme Came Upstairs Dragging Jerome Behind Her.

{20 Minutes Later}

We Finished Telling Esme About Count Olaf. She Said We Should Get The Police.

"But All Those Stairs...We'll Take The Elevator!" She Said.

She Opened The Elevator And Pushed Us Inside. We Fell. There Was Net. I Caught On With My Hand But My Grip Wasn't Tight Enough. I Fell Down Further.

{10 Minutes Later}

"y/n! y/n!" Klaus Said, Shaking Me.

"She's Waking Up!" Violet Said.

I Groaned And Opener My Eyes. My Body Hurt From The Fall.

"Ow...What Happened?" I Asked, Sitting Up.

"Well, Esme Turned Us Over To Count Olaf. Her Former Acting Coach." Violet Said.

"Are You Okay?" Klaus Asked.

"Yes..." I Said, Standing Up.

The Quagmires Weren't Here Anymore.

We Started Looking Around. Klaus Found A Tunnel And We Went Through. Signs Read 'Montgomery' 'Snicket' And 'Baudelaire'. The Baudelaires And I Went Down The Tunnel Labeled 'Baudelaire'.

"There's A Manhole Cover." I Said.

We Lifted It Then Saw Someone With An Eye Tattooed On Their Ankle. We Dropped It And Ducked Down. That Could've Been Count Olaf.

{Half An Hour Later}

The Baudelaires And I Are In The Car With Mr. And Mrs.Poe. They're Headed To The In Auction, Which Is Where We Need To Go. We Saw V.F.D. In The Catalog And We Think It Has Something With Duncan And Isadora Being Missing.

We Arrived. Mr. And Mrs.Poe Went Inside. The Doorman, One Of Count Olaf's Henchmen, Stopped The Baudelaires And I.

"Count Olaf Wants Us Captured, Letting Us In Will Technically Be Doing That." I Said.

The Bald Man Let Us In. The V.F.D. Item Went Up. Mr.Poe Bid For Us. Everyone Started Bidding. Jacqueline And Larry Showed Up And Started Bidding. Olivia Caliban And Jaques Snicket Showed Up And Started Bidding. People Started Physically Fighting. Jerome Came In And Helped Us Bidding. Sunny Babbled Something.

"What?" Everyone Asked.

"She Said $1000." I Translated.

"Good God, Where Did She Get $1000?" Jerome Asked.

"She Worked As A Receptionist At Prufrock But I Didn't Know Her Salary Was That High." Mr.Poe Said.

Sunny Won The Bidding. She Paid And The Baudelaires Ripped Open The Box. Very Fancy Doilies. Damn It.

Everything Got Crazy As Count Olaf Was Unmasked. He And Esme Escaped Through Another Tunnel.

"That Box Was A Red Herring." I Said. "Red Herring."

"They Were In That Red Herring Statue!" Klaus Said.

{V.F.D. Village}

Jerome Let Us Go And Mr.Poe Found Us New Guardians. A Village. V.F.D. Village. I Recognize The Name Since My Dad Talked About It Sometimes.

"V.F.D.. What A Wonderful Acronym." Mr.Poe Said. "I Wonder What It Means."

"Village Of Fowl Devotees." I Stated.

"How Did You Know That?" Klaus Asked.

"My Dad Talked About It. He Used To Come Here But He Said It's Changed A Lot." I Explained.