Chapter 10

{A Couple Days Later}

~Your POV~

Carmelita Has Been So Annoying Since I Got Here. I Can't Believe I'm Back Here, It's Torture.

~Narrator/Lemony Snicket POV~

y/n Montgomery Believed She'd Been Sent Back To Square One After Meeting The Spats Kids Once More. She Believed Her Mission Was Destined For Failure.

There Are Things About Prufrock Preparatory School That Not Many People Knew. y/n Montgomery Was One Of The Few Who Did.

{A Couple Hours Later}

~Your POV~

Klaus Has Been Acting A Little Odd Since Our First Day. I'm Guess Jesse Told Them What Happened But, I Don't Know Why Klaus Would Act Differently Because Of That.

Klaus, Violet, Sunny, And I Walked To Lunch. Jesse Quickly Dashed Over.

"Hey, Uh, Klaus, Can I Talk To You A Minute?" Jesse Asked.

"Um, Sure." Klaus Said. "I'll Meet You Three In The Cafeteria."

Klaus Walked Away With Jesse.

~Klaus POV~

Jesse Stopped When We Were Out Of Earshot To The Girls.

"What's Going On, Jesse?" I Asked.

"I Know It's None Of My Business But, I've Noticed The Way You've Seemed Around y/n Since I Told You What Happened." Jesse Said. "Should I Not Have Told You That?'

"It's Fine." I Said.

"Are You Sure, 'Cause It Looks Like You've Learned Your Crush Has A History With The Friend Zone." He Said.

"What?" I Said Not Quite Understanding His Terminology.

"Nevermind. Just, If You Like y/n, Don't Think She'll Do The Same To You That She Did To Me. Either Way, She's Not Harsh About It Like Other People." He Said.

"Understood." I Said.

"Okay, Now, I Gotta Get To A Test." Jesse Said Then Ran Off.

I Thought About What He Said. Did He Just Try To Give Me Advice For Someone Who Rejected Him?

{Not Too Long Later}

~Jacque Snicket POV~

I Got A Call From An Unknown Number.

"Hello." I Said.

"Jacque." The Person Said, I Realized Who They Were. "I've Spotted Count Olaf At Prufrock Preparatory School. You Should Be Getting A Call From Larry About The Same Issue, At The Moment He Needs Help But I'm Needed Elsewhere So Can't. Count Olaf Has Help From His Anurag Along With Carmelita Spats."

"I'll Head There Immediately." I Said.

~Your POV~

I Went Out To The Pep Rally. I Sat Next To Klaus. The Quagmires Sat On The Other Side Of The Baudelaires. Jesse, Mrs.Bass, Mr.Remora, And Ms.Caliban Sat in The Row Behind Us..

The Rally Started. Vice Principal Nero Read Off The School's Motto 'Memento Mori', Translated From Latin It Means 'Remember, You Will Die'. Vice Principal Nero Started Going On About the New Gym Teacher.

"Coach Genghis!" He Said.

A Man Jumped Through A Paper Poster Of The Dead Horse Mascot Of The School. It Was Obviously Count Olaf In Disguise.

Count Ola Went On And On About How He Gave Someone Advise And Say 'Settle Down' Is Horrible Advice.

"Settling Down Is For Losers. For Weak Minded People With Nothing After A Mysterious Fire." He Said Looking Directly In Our Direction.

{A Couple Weeks Later}

'Coach Genghis' Has Been Having The Baudelaires Run Laps At Night As Some Sort Of As He Says 'Orphan Exercising Regimen'.

As Of Late, We've Realized The Quagmires' Parents And The Baudelaires' Parents Knew Each Other.

Because Of Count Olaf The Baudelaires Have Failed Tests And Are Doing Exams Tomorrow In Front Of The Whole School. Jesse And I Are Helping Klaus And Violet Study And Sunny Memorize The Stuff She Has To For Vice Principal Nero. The Quagmires Are Out Running Laps Disguised As The Baudelaires With A Fake Sunny Doll made Out Of A Bag Of Flour.

Earlier When We Were Working On Said Disguises, We Saw Carmelita Actually Sniffing A Cake.

{The Next Day}

The Baudelaires Are Doing Their Exams And The Quagmires Are No Where Around. While Everyone Was Distracted I Went To Find The Quagmires.

As I Headed Back To The Auditorium In Defeat, I Spot Count Olaf Running Outside, The Baudelaires Went After Him. I Followed Them.

"V.F.D." I Heard Duncan And Isadora Yelling As I Caught Up To The Baudelaires.

"V.F.D?" Violet Said Kind Of Confused.

"Maybe It's A Secret Society." Klaus Suggested.

"Maybe." I Said.

Count Olaf's Car Was Far Ahead, We Couldn't Catch Up To It. Something Fell Out The Window And Rolled Towards Us. Klaus Picked It Up.

"Half Of The Spy Glass." I Mumbled.

Klaus Put It In His Pocket.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Sorry This Took Who-Knows-How-Long, I Didn't Realize How Long It'd Been Since I Updated The Story.)