Chapter 4

{Lake Lachrymose}

~Your POV~

We've Just Arrived At Josephine Anwhistle's House.

Klaus Rang The Doorbell, It Didn't Go Off.

I Went To Knock On The Door And A Woman Opened It Before I Even Touched It.

"Don't Knock!" She Said, She Sounded Scared.

She Let Us In And Kept Rambling On About Irrational Safety Precautions.

We Talked For A Bit.

"Do You Live With Our Aunt Josephine?" Violet Asked.

"I Am You're Aunt Josephine." The Woman Said.

The Woman Look Over To The Side And Screamed.

Klaus, Violet, And Sunny Each Whispered Slightly Sarcastic Sentence Between Themselves.

"Delmo?" Aunt Josephine Asked."I Consider Myself An Expert On The English Language And I've Never Heard The Word 'Delmo'."

"Sunny Doesn't Speak Fluent English, She Just Mostly Speaks In Baby Noises And Babbling." Klaus Said.

Aunt Josephine Started Talking About Irrational Safety Things Again But, About A Door.

We Went Inside And Aunt Josephine Told Us A Lot About Safety, Along With Grammer.

The Clock Went Off And Aunt Josephine Screamed Again.

"Oh, It's Just The Clock." Aunt Josephine Said."Lunch?"

Aunt Josephine Made Cold Soup For Lunch. We Talked A Bit.

"Aunt Josephine, Why Don't You Sell This House And Move Somewhere Far Away To Be More Comfortable?" Klaus Asked.

"I Couldn't." She Responded.

"Why Not?" Violet Asked.

"I'm Afraid Of Real Estate Agents." Josephine Said.

~Larry Your-Waiter POV~

While Sweeping Outside My Restaurant I Swept Over Someone's Shoes. There Was A V.F.D. Tattoo On His Ankle. I Looked Up From The Ground.

"Count Olaf." I Said."I Didn't Think I'd See You Again After All That Unpleasantness With Mr.Snicket."

"What Are You Doing Here?" He Said."It's The Off-Season."

"Thanks To A Helpful Real Estate Agent This Restaurant Is Under New Management." I Replied.

"New Management?" Olaf Said."Don't Make Me Laugh."

"You're Not Laughing." I Said.

"Niether Are You." He Responded Grabbing My Broom.

"The Baudelaires Are Safe And Sound And Learning Everything They Need To Know About Our Secret Organization." I Said.

"Oh?" Olaf Said.

"They Should've Begun Learning Years Ago But, It's Not Too Late." I Replied.

"Rats!" Olaf Grunted.

"Their New Guardian Is The Most Fierce And Formidable Member Of Our Organization." I Said."One Of Our Field Agents Is Keeping A Close Eye On Them As Well."

"Wait, Not Snicket?" Olaf Replied.

"What? No." I Said."Isn't He Dead?"

"Is He? It Doesn't Matter." He Said."All Your Silly Codes And Obscure Literary References Can't Save You."

"Oh?" I Responded.

"The Baudelaire Children Will Be Destroyed, And Their Fortune Will Be Mine." Olaf Said.

"Rats!" I Grunted.

"You And Your Ridiculous Comrades Will Be Swept Away." Olaf Said.

I Grunted As My Broom Was Snapped In Half Causing Me To Fall To The Ground.

"We'll See About That!" I Said.

"Yes, We Will." Olaf Smirked.

"That's What I'm Saying!" I Said."You Can Push Me Around All You Want-"

"Thank You." Olaf Interrupted.

"-But, Josephine Will Stop You." I Said."The Children Will Stop You. Reports Indicate That They Have Incredible Gifts!"

"Josephine?" He Said.

Olaf Sighed.