Chapter 11

(Sorry These Take So Long, I'm Trying To Upload More But Keep Getting Distracted By Other Stuff Or Stories.)

{Dark Avenue}

~Violet POV~

Mr.Poe Had Some Trouble Finding Us A New Guardian. Given Our Track Record, It's To Be Expected. Out Parents, Count Olaf, Uncle Monty, Aunt Josephine, Lucky Smells Lumber Mill, And Prufrock Preparatory School.

y/n, Klaus, Sunny, And I Are Anxious. We Still Have No Information On The Whereabouts Of Isadora And Duncan. Mr.Poe Says There's A Citywide Manhunt To Find Count Olaf And Rescue The Triplets.

We Got Out Of Mr.Poe's Car. I Held Sunny. There Are A Lot Of Trees Blocking The Light From Getting In.

"Mr.Poe, How Sure Are You The Police Can Catch Count Olaf?" y/n Asked. "He's Gotten Past Undetected About 6 Time Now And That's Not Including Stuff He's Likely Down Outside Of The Situation Involving The Quagmires And Us."

"He's Outsmarted You A Lot Since You First Took Us To Him." Klaus Added.

"Come Now, That's No Way To Look At The Situation. It's Very Pessimistic." Mr.Poe Said.

"It's True Though." I Said.

"Let's Keep Going. Thee New Guardians Are Old Friends Of Your Parents. Once I Drop You Off I'll Be Taking A Lengthy Helicopter Ride To Find The Quagmires Twins Using The Anniversary Present Of Binoculars My Wife Gave Me." He Replied. "Has Anyone Seen The Numbers 667?"

He Then Ran Into A Signpost.

"Found It." He Said Pressing His Handkerchief On His Nose.

We Headed Inside. It's Dark As Well.

"Names?" The Bellhop Asked.

"Violet, Klaus, And Sunny Baudelaire, And This Is Our Friend y/n Montgomery." I Introduced Us.

"You Four Have Been Expected But Who's The Man With The Nosebleed?" He Asked.

"I'm Just Dropping Them Off." Mr.Poe Said.

Then Mr.Poe Left. The Bellhop Explained That We'd Be Staying With the City's Sixth Most Important Financial Advisors, Mr. And Mrs.Squalor. He Said They Live In The Penthouse. He Said The Building Was The Most Secure And Fashionable In Town.

"Sorry About The Lighting, Dark Is In." He Said.

"In?" y/n Asked. "In What?"

"Just In." He Replied To Her.

The Bellhop Explained That The Elevator 'Was' Out But Not 'Out Of Order'. We Headed Up The Stairs.

{25 Minutes Later}

We Made It To The Top Floor. On This Floor, There Are Two Sets Of Elevator Doors Where On The Others There Is A Wall With An Eye Symbol On It.

The Door To The Penthouse Opened Abruptly. A Black-Haired Man Greeted Us Excitedly.

"My Name Is Jerome Squalor." He Said. "I'm So Glad You Could Come Stay With Us."

"How Do You Do, Mr.Squalor?" Klaus Asked.

"You Four Must Be Tired After That Long Climb. I Know Two Things That Can With That." Mr.Squalor Said. "First, Stop Calling Me Mr.Squalor And Start Calling Me Jerome. Second, I Will Fi You Up A Nice, Cold Aqueous Martini. Follow Me."

"We're Children." y/n Said As We Followed Jerome Inside.

"I Know. Aqueous Martini's Are Water Based Instead Of Liquor." He Said. "Alcohol Martini's Are Out. Aqueous Martini's Are In."