Chapter 8

{Prufrock Preparatory School}

~Narrator/Lemony Snicket POV~

y/n Montgomery Has Been To Prufrock Preparatory School Before.

She Was Really Hopping The Spats Kids Didn't Go There Anymore.

Carmelita Spats Tapdanced Over To The Baudelaires And Montgomery.

y/n And Carmelita Instantly Recognized Each Other.

"Oh,It's You!" Carmelita Said In Distastefully Cheery Voice.

"Hello,Carmelita." y/n Said As If She Regretted Everything.

I Am Not Sure Exactly What Went Through y/n Montgomery's Head But,I Can Tell You She Felt As If Her Past Was Coming Back To Haunt Her.

Carmelita's Twin Brother,Jesse Spats,Has Always Liked y/n,But,She Didn't Return His Feelings. Carmelita Hates y/n For It,Jesse On The Other Hand Is Happy To Have y/n As A Friend At Least.

{Lunch}

"Cake-Sniffing Orphans In The Orphan Shack!" Carmelita And The Entire Cafeteria Chanted.

"Leave Them Alone,Carmelita." A Male Student Said.

"The Only Cake-Sniffer Here Is You." A Female Student Said.

"Come On,You Four Can Sit With Us." The Male Student Said.

"I'm Isadora Quagmire,And This Is My Brother Duncan." The Female Student Said.

"I'm Violet Baudelaire,These Are My Siblings Klaus And Sunny." Violet Said."This Is Our Friend y/n Montgomery."

"Montgomery?" Isadora Said."Our Friend Jesse Talks All About A Girl By That Name."

"So,What Happened To You Four?" Duncan Said.

"Our Parents Perished In A Terrible Fire." Violet Said.

"My Father Was Murdered." y/n Said.

After About Ten Minutes Of Talking Violet Suggests Making An Invention To Help With The Orphan Shack.

Klaus And Isadora Took Out Half A Spyglass Each.

y/n Montgomery Was Surprised To See Two Halves Of A Spyglass That Hasn't Been Burned To A Crisp. She Had Decided To Keep Her Spyglass In Her Bag To Avoid Suspicion.

"Wow,What An Awkward Bunch." A Boy Who Looked A Lot Like Carmelita Said Sitting Next To The Quagmires.

That Boy Was Jesse Spats.

"Hi, I'm Jesse Spats." Jesse Spats Said.

He Looked At The Baudelaires.

"I'm Guessing You Are Violet,Klaus,And Sunny Baudelaire." He Said To The Baudelaires.

Then He Noticed y/n. Jesse Spats Instantly Recognized The Unmistakeable h/c Hair e/c Eyes Bespectacled Face Of His Oldest Friend.(Bespectacled Means She Has Glasses If Your Confused,Not Trying To Underestimate Your Intelligence.)

When Jesse Spats Smiled At y/n Montgomery Everyone At The Table Looked Confused.

y/n Didn't Say Anything And Just Continued To Write In Her Journal.

Carmelita Came Over To There Table.

"Jesse, I Thought You'd Never Want To See Her Again After What Happened." Carmelita Said.

y/n Put Her Journal Away Then Got Up And Left The Cafeteria Causing More Confusion Than Before.

"Carmelita, You're Brat." Jesse Replied To His Sister."You're The Only One Who's Mad About That."

"Well, You Should Be Mad, You Cake-Sniffer!" Carmelita Said And Tap-Danced Away.

"Mind If We Ask What's Going On?" Klaus Asked.

"It's Kind Of A Complicated Story." Jesse Replied.

"He's Not Wrong." Duncan Agreed.

"Can You Still Tell Us?" Violet Asked.

Jesse Agreed And Told Them The Story.