The next chapter

- It was Amy's first day working in California -
Amy POV-
The alarm goes off. Amy who already lay awake nervous, hits her hand down on the alarm and jumps out of bed. She goes and gets Parker ready for day care and Emma ready for her first day of school.
A few hours later - It is now 7am, it's just Amy in the house now and she finishes getting ready for her first day in her big corporate job the whole reason she moved.
9am- Amy walks in and is greeted by her new colleagues she's nervous but they all seem so kind but she can't help but thinking about Jonah, and the rest of her old colleagues. But she gets on with her day with a smile anyway.

Jonah POV-
Jonahs alarm goes off, he looks at the date and frowns he had this dated embedded in his brain because this was the day Amy begun her new job. He didn't know now how he was supposed to feel because he was going to be going with Amy to California but things didn't work out quite the way he wanted. He didn't know wether to text Amy good luck or not because would it seem needy? Would it seem like she's all he can think about? Even though that is true he doesn't want her to think that he's stuck and can't move on.
Jonahs shift begins at 12 today. He walks in and feels everyone staring at him, this is because everyone knew today was Amy's first day and everyone felt bad for Jonah and saw him as broken, Glenn and Dina who had taken over managing since Amy left debated sending Jonah home even but he insisted he would be fine.
At work-
Garret: " Hi Jonah, how you doing mate?"

Jonah: " uhhh, I'm doing fine completely fine nothing is wrong with me today why would you assume something is wrong nothing is wrong"

Garret: " wow wow dude I just asked how you was doing."

Jonah: "yeah, I know that..." then walks away awkwardly.

A few hours later-
Jonahs shift was coming to a end. It was time for him to go home where he could escape this place where everyone tried to help him forget about Amy but they just made it even worse. He just wanted to go home but Glenn insisted that he was to go out for dinner with him.