Part 17

AN:  all mistakes are my own.  Looking to get some help with a beta at some point...help? Xx  Enjoy.

Chapter 17

The large clear screen held Professor Charles Xavier as Tony paced I front of it, anger, disappointment and sarcasm dripping off him in equal measures. "You had no right..."

"Tony, this was never my intention." The older man held regret in his eyes as his soft voice came over the video call.

Tony swung round to the screen and jabbed a finger towards the man it depicted. "She wasn't ready, she wasn't in any way mentally ready to make this decision. You came into my house, when I wasn't here or when anyone who would have spoken up for her was here and you did this. We found her unconscious, is it supposed to do that? I mean do you even know?!"

Xavier sighed and linked his hands together in his lap. "She is of sound mind, I saw into it myself. On stronger mutations, level 4 and 5, it has been known to render the subject unconscious for a period of time. She should recover and it has no side effects that my team are aware of. I meant only to offord her the choice that all mutants are now given, not to cause any harm, believe me."

"And what if they come for her, huh what then Prof?" He was still pacing furiously.

"Hydra, you mean?"

"Or anyone, god dammit!"

"She has a place here at my school if she chooses and we have the facilities to keep her safe if Hydra decide to come for her again. Although I think, and I'm sure that you will agree, she can't be of any use to them anymore."

"If that's the case then why offer her a place with you?" He frowned at the older man frustrated by his outlook. "If she's no use to them then she's no use to your X-Men either?!"

"I understand your frustration, but, if this was truly her choice..."

"You know what, screw you, you didn't check and you had no right to interfere, her mental health was shot to bits and whose to say that your mind probing didn't kick start all this in the first place!" He turned away from the screen.

"Tony..."

"Congratulations you just took away a small, innocent girls only defence." He clicked off the screen before the Professor could say anything else or irritate him any further. "FRIDAY, block any further calls from the Great Bald One."

"Yes boss." The AI answered in her light Irish accent as he walked back to the kitchen where he knew that the others were waiting and as he walked back in he looked directly at Robyn, she was sitting on one of the breakfast bar stools, on her own as the others were dotted around the room, she looked straight at him with a little bit of fear in her eyes.

Tony looked away from her and around to everyone else, Nat was walking back and forth between the small set of sofas and the bar stool. Bucky and Sam sat on the chairs, Bucky's eyes burning a hole in Robyn and Steve was standing against the sink behind her. "So, the old guy reckons that there will be no other side effects and that other than ruining your little self you should be totally fine." He smiled at her, but it was more of a sarcastic smile than anything else she noticed.

Looking down at her hands in her lap she smiled a little, then she rubbed her hands over her leggings not realising that they were a little sweaty. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me yet Princess because I m still incredibly pissed at you." He gestured around the room his eyes stopping at Bucky. "And I'm not the only one."

"This was my choice Tony." She kept saying it, she felt like she had to keep saying it so they would get it.

"No, it was a option that someone else presented you with and you thought that there was no other choice." He leant against the kitchen side and held his arms across his chest. "You should of talked about it."