Sargent

I felt a hard slap across my cheek. The ropes I'm bound with aren't very tight so I quickly untie the knot which was conveniently tied right below my hands. I got up took my blindfold off and got a good look at the Sargent, she was fairly tall, about a foot taller than me, she had dark brown hair and was darker skinned. I didn't think twice of my next actions. I punched her in the face, hard. After that I ran like no other, only to be stopped by an tall man in a lab coat.

"Vat are you doing" He spoke in an accent I could barley understand

"Um running gotta go!" I said as I dashed off

 "Come back here you little brat!" I heard a voice non other than the Sargent.I looked back she had a bloody nose. Nice Rachel, good arm. I thought to myself

After about an hour of running through hallways I thought I lost her... well I thought wrong. I turned around after stopping to get a breath I see the Sargent. I didn't run, I couldn't run. "Give up?" The Sargent asked as she started pulling her hand back for a good punch if I said no.

"Sure, whatever"

"Come on back to the interrogation room" she said.

We walked slowly to the room I was confined in not so long ago. Occasionally stopping so the Sargent could stop and talk. We finally got there and I sat down on the cot.

"Alright Rachel, how old are you?" the Sargent asked.

"Fifteen" I replied

"When were you born?"

I didn't know so I made up a date " April 10, 2035"

"Do you have any family in the facility?"

"Not that I know of."

"Do you know of anyone in the facility"

"No. Why are you asking me these questions?"

"Because I need to know this information."

"Why?"

"I'm supposed to be asking the questions here so shut up!"

I stay silent as another series of questions hit me I answer them. I don't know what I'm doing here, why I came, or why I don't remember anything. All I need to know is why. Why did I come here, did I come here in search of food,shelter, or security.

"Rachel."

"Huh?"

"I have one last question, Rachel, who are your parents?"

I think for a moment... why cant I remember?