Messages

Lilly and I tapped on the play button and waited... a voice, though barley audible, came up "Lilly! It's us your parents!" There was some static then it continued. " Lilly, we know that this is the end. We've come to say goodbye." "NO!!!' Lilly screamed "MOM, DAD! No" Her voice drowned by a low humming noise that gradually grew louder. "Darling, we love you so much stay strong... Goodbye" The audio soon stopped as a loud crash stopped the recording. Lilly whimpered, her face drowned in years and a broken look on her face.
"Lilly I'm so sorry." I said not knowing how to comfort the sobbing girl.
"JUST GO AWAY... please." Lilly said.
I walked off and I saw the person who I had least expected to see... James.
"Do you know what you've done to that poor girl?" I said, my voice quavering.
"I had no choice... the Sargent made me." he said "I would rather have not have this stupid war in the first place!" He stopped short as I looked up.
"James?" I whispered "What happened to these people?" I had just noticed I stood in front of a vast graveyard tombs lined in rows.
"The sickness..." James replied.
My lower lip quivered and tears started streaming down my face. James looked at me "Rachel? Are you ok?" he asked.
Not able to stand up any longer I grasped James and I hugged him, sobbing.
"Who would do this!?"
"No one did this Rachel what are you talking about?"
I didn't reply and I soon found out James had put his chin on my head and seemed to be comforting me. I pulled away and saw I had stained his shirt with tears. I sniffed "Sorry"
"It's fine, you have nothing to be ashamed of" he said. He tapped my shoulder and started walking. he stopped short, looked at me and motioned for me to follow him. The sky got darker as he said "You're working night shift tonight" he smirked "Maybe you can start the fire."
-------------------------------
A/N
Hey everybody it's RDkitten here and I hope you enjoy this chapter!!! Also look out for my upcoming book called Companions. "But RDkitten!" you might be saying "What will it be about?!" well you'll have to look to find out MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh and Meranda here's your shipping moment lol!!! Byeeeee!!!