Scrawny

suggested song - scrawny by the wallows

january third, 2020

(this will be taking place right before the pandemic, and it will have a date like above as the story goes on for timeline purposes.  this is to just allow me to put some personal aspects to the story! also i know the hashtag this year, but i wanted to move it for story purposes.)

amitola stretched her limbs, getting ready for another tiring day of work. she'd have to deal with terrible customers and impatient kids. as she reached to her nightstand, she unplugged her phone and opened twitter. she overlooked her home page and went to check the trending tab. the one that caught her eye was one about some youtuber she'd never watch. 

#NOTMYHABBO 

youtuber alex quackity comes back to the game, habbo hotel, to find that it's not what it used to be. soulja boy is here to party too. 

she rolled her eyes, of course there was some streamer trending. ami tapped the power button, setting it back where it laid just last night. she forced the covers off her body, stepping towards the kitchen and pulling things from her pantry and fridge for cereal. she flipped through random tv shows, settling on Supernatural. as she finished shoveling cereal to her mouth, she checked the time. 

8:15 a.m.

she rubbed her eyes, yawning before heading back to her room. grabbing clean clothes from her dresser, she headed to the shower, turning the water and air vent on. 

8:45 a.m.

she slipped into her work clothes, then she tied her hair into a ponytail. as she set off, her phone rang and it was one of her friends, kale. she answered, a smile now on her tired face. 

"hey, how're you ami?"

"i'm okay. actually on my way to work today."

"so no skipping it then? 'cause i really need help with my homework," kale whined.

"you know i don't have much time on weekdays. i'll help you this weekend though, i promise, k?" 

"well, thanks for not helping now."

"don't try that on me, kid," ami picked on him, as he was a few years younger than her.

"you don't get to call me a kid!" kale argued.

"who's the one still in school?" ami refuted.